Chapter 12: Tap

Jasmine's POV.

Chapter 12: Tap.

Sliding on my black distressed pantyhose, I ride it up under my short skirt before I put my boots on. I have to be at Chanel's party in about fifteen minutes. My Uber is on its way, all I need to do is stuff my phone and keys in my purse. Zipping up my knee-high boots, I stare at myself in the full-length mirror in the corner and I smile. I am wearing my natural hair out in the open for the first time in two years. Like I mentioned before he wasn't a fan of it and always wanted me to wear wigs. But I'm done living by his rules. And if he thinks he can blackmail me, I'll blackmail him twice as hard. I fluff my huge afro as I smile at my reflection. My phone rings on the bed and I answer it.

"Hello?" I say, wondering who it was since I didn't have the number saved.

"Hi, it's your Uber driver." The man on the other side says. "I'm outside."

"I'll be right out." I tell him before I hand up.

I pick up my black purse from the little rack that held three of my little purses. I shove my phone inside my purse and turn off my bedroom light as I walk out. Can't risk running up that light bill. I make sure all the lights are turned off before I walk out of the house, locking the door behind me. I see a red Fiat parked across the street. I cross to the other side of the road and get in.

"Good evening." I say, staring at the driver's face through the rearview mirror. He doesn't reply he just nods as he starts the car.

After driving for what feels like five minutes he finally speaks.

"Would you like some gum?" He asks me.

"Yeah, sure." I shrug.

"There's some in the box on the floor back there." He tells me. My hands search for the box in the dark backseat. My hands finally grab onto something down there and I pull it out. I am appalled when I see a pink dildo in my hands. I throw it at the driver and let out a loud scream.

"Oh, so that's where that went." He says, nervously. "Did you find the gum?" He asks.

At this point, I don't even want the gum. I just want to get the hell out of this car.

There's an awkward silence in the car until the driver speaks again.

"So, Beverly hills, huh? What are you going to do there at this time. You must be an escort. You have to be. Judging from the place I picked you up from and where you're headed, you're definitely an escort. You're probably just doing it to pay your rent in that dump." He says and I scoff.

The nerve of people these days.

"Shut the fuck up and drive." I want to get out of this car so bad, but I'm already late. And the wait time to get an Uber in LA is just unbelievable.

We finally get to Chanel's house. I get down from the car and I stand beside it.

"How much do I owe you?" I ask the driver.

"45." He says and I pull out the cash from my purse. I hand it to him and he smiles at me.
"Hey, rate me five stars okay? And good luck in there." He says, nodding towards Chanel's house. I don't respond to him I just walk up the huge ass driveway. I knock on the front door and immediately someone opens it.

It's a tall black guy.

"Name?" He asks me and I gulp.

"Jasmine Prentice." I tell him as he scans through the list. He opens the door wider and lets me come inside. My ears meet the loud music immediately. From the outside, you wouldn't think there was a rave going on in here. I bet they had soundproof everything. Walls, doors, windows, etcetera. I adjust my left boob in the corset I have on and I walk into the living room and no one is there. I notice that the tall black dude has been following me and I turn around.