Chapter 13: Switch.

Chapter 13: Switch.

"Jaz." Aaron calls out when he spots me from across the hall. I turn around immediately and start going the other way.

"You know eventually you have to talk to me." He says when he catches up to me. I don't respond, instead, I start going up the steps. I need to get away from him.

"You're being unreasonable right now." I hear him say as I walk up the staircase. He follows me as I make a sharp turn walking towards the chemistry lab. The hall is currently empty, it's just the two of us out here.

"Stop." He says and I stop.

I can't turn around. I can't let him see the tears on my face. As much as I'd like to pretend, I have to admit that Aaron's affair with Aaliyah hurt me more than I was leading on. I mean, I had to put up the strong act in front of Aaliyah and Chanel at that party, but deep down I'm hurting and Aaron knows that. He knows me better than anyone.

"Look at me." He pleas.

I don't respond. I feel him close to me and soon feel his hands on my shoulders. He hugs me from behind and I start crying even more.

Why couldn't he just be the perfect boyfriend I wanted him to be?

The Aaron I fell in love with a year ago. The sweet and charismatic jock who was a little bit obsessed with the NBA.

"Why?" I ask him, sobbing. "Why did you do it?"

"It was a mistake, Jaz." He says and I loosen myself from his grip, facing him.

"It wasn't a mistake." I yell. "You knew what you were doing, own that shit." I say, shoving him.

"Babe, calm down." He says, softly.

"Calm down?" I scoff. "Did you just tell me to calm down?" I ask him, furiously.

"I didn't mean to cheat. Aaliyah kept on throwing herself at me and in my defense I've known her longer than I've known you." He says, raising his hands in fake surrender, feigning innocence.

What the fuck?

"Is that supposed to be a valid reason?" I ask him.

"There's no reason to justify my actions, Jaz. But I'm asking you to forgive me." He says before he kneels down in front of me. He wraps his arms around my legs and I place my hand on his head.

"I can't." I tell him and he doesn't say anything. It's silent for a while before he lets go of me and stands up. He pulls at his hair and lets out a frustrated sigh.

"Look here you little bitch." He says, seething with anger.

There's the Aaron I know and am afraid of.

"If you think you're gonna make me look stupid in this school, that's not gonna happen, okay? You are mine. And you will keep your pretty mouth shut about my little affair with Aaliyah. I'll take care of Chanel, all you have to do is be on my arm and look pretty." He says and I laugh.

"Or what?" I say, stepping up to him.

He grabs my neck and starts choking me, pinning me against the wall.

"I'll fucking ruin your life. Your mother will get deported and I'll kill your fucking aunt. You hear me?" He yells into my ear.

"You'll have no one, but me. You'll be alone. Do you want that?" He asks me and I shake my head, trying so hard to breathe.

"Good." He says, his hot breath fanning my face. "So, just do as I say and nobody gets hurt."

"Fine." I struggle to say.