Chapter 4: Pole.

Chapter 4: Pole.

"Hurry, you have to see this." Aaliyah says, pulling me to the student lounge.

"Ugh, I have a class, 'Liyah." I tell her as I follow her against my will.

"Quit complaining, you'll love it." She tells me.

When we get to the student lounge, Aaliyah lets go of my hand and pushes me inside. I stumble in but balance myself immediately and stand up straight.

The room is covered in roses and Aaron is standing in the middle. There's a large banner with the words "Be My Valentine?" on it.

"Aaron, what are you doing?" I ask as I walk to where he is standing.

"Will you be my valentine, Jasmine?" He asks me and I hug him.

"Yes. I love you and I love this." I say to him. He squeezes my body as she wraps his arms around me. I pull away and kiss him.

"How did you do all of this?" I ask him, staring at the room.

"I had a little help from Aaliyah." He says smiling.

"This is so romantic. Thank you." I say, caressing his cheek.

"Anything for you, my princess." He says, grabbing my ass.

The school bell rings and my eyes instantly dart over to the clock on the wall.

It's time for lunch.

Which meant sitting at the table with Aaron's rich and snotty friends, listening to them rant about their yachts or their latest trip to Italy. It was always something with those people.

"Looks like it's time for lunch." Aaron says and I smile. "Let's go." He orders, stretching his hand out for me. I place my hand in his and intertwine our fingers. We walk out of the student lounge, into the hallway, and everyone and I mean, everyone is staring at us.

"She's so lucky." I hear someone say as we pass by their locker.

Once Aaron and I get to the cafeteria we head straight to the table in the center. We didn't wait in line to get our food. The servers come to take our orders.

"My man." Keith says as soon as we sit at the table.

"Hey." Aaron says to him and they start having a conversation which I tune out.

"Oh My God, I love that bracelet. Where did you get it?" Chanel asks me.

"Aaron got it for me." I tell her.

See, this was one of the perks of dating Aaron Jackson.

The gifts.

Yes, he hits me occasionally, but every time he does he pops up with a gift to "apologize". He gave me this bracelet yesterday. Aaron wasn't always like this. Believe me.

At first, he was really caring and sweet, and then he hit for the first time at the end of junior year. He told me it would never happen again. Well, we know how that story goes.

"That weirdo has been gawking at you for the past five minutes." Chanel tells me.

"Who?" I ask her, not wanting to make it obvious.

"He's sitting alone by the trashcan." She says before she drinks her orange juice.

I try my best to be discreet and turn my head, looking behind me.

It's the boy from the boy's bathroom. He looks away immediately as my eyes meet his.

"What a creep." Chanel says beside me.