Chapter 7: White.

Chapter 7: White.

"Whew." I say, sitting on the first chair I see as I walk into the locker room.

"You were on fire tonight." Barbie says, sitting beside me as we stare at the vanity mirror.

"I am so tired." I tell her.

"You should be. You gave those people a show. I think you might be giving me a run for my money." She says and I laugh.

"Never." I say, smiling at her.

"Girl, I gotta get back to my kid. I'll see you on Thursday." She tells me and I nod. Barbie is a single mother of one. She's also a twenty-year-old college student and the nicest girl in this club.

Barbie hugs me before she gets up and heads to her locker. My phone buzzes on the white table. Picking it up, I see that I have a message from Aaron.

"We need to talk." His message reads.

I roll my eyes at his text before I shove my phone into my bag. The bag of money in my hand almost breaks my wrist as I try to pick it up. I try again and succeed. Walking over to my locker, I take out my empty backpack and stuff the bag filled with cash inside, zipping my backpack. I get dressed in my Juicy tracksuit before I sling my backpack over my shoulder. I say goodbye to the girls before I leave the locker room.

"Leaving already?" Christopher asks me before I pass the bar area.

"Yeah. I have an early day tommorow." I tell him.

"How are you getting home?" He asks me.

"I'm gonna walk a few blocks and then order an Uber." I say, looking up at him.

He's really tall. And I'm not short. I'm a solid 5'8.

"You're gonna walk? It's 2 am." He says, looking at me with wild eyes.

"And?" I say, rolling my eyes. "Look, if you're worried that someone's going to kill me, don't bother. I have a taser in my left pocket." I inform him.

"Can I give you a ride home?" Christopher asks, sounding nervous.

"You don't have to do that." I tell him, turning to go.

"Please." He says, grabbing my arm.

I stare at him and ultimately give in. His car is warm when I get in.

"I've never been in a Rolls Royce before." I confess.

"Well, I'm glad I could make that happen." He says, smiling. "Where do you live?" He asks.

"Downtown." I tell him.

"Where downtown?" He asks me. I can feel him staring at me.

"Just off Skid Row. It's not the prettiest place in the city, but it's home." I tell him.

"Wow." He says, shocked.

"Yeah." I reply, shyly.

"Well, make yourself comfortable. It's gonna be a long ride." He tells me and I nod. I lean into my seat and I lay my head on the headrest. It doesn't take long for me to fall asleep.

I feel a hand on my thigh and I open my eyes.

"Hmm." I hum.

"What street do you live on?" He asks me. I sit up and scan the environment. We are in my neighborhood. I didn't know I was knocked out for that long.

"Two streets down." I tell him.

I pick up my backpack from the car and place it on my lap.

"Take a left here." I tell him.