Chapter 14: Shoes.

Chapter 14: Shoes.

"Hey, stranger." Miles says, walking beside me.

"Hey, you." I say, surprised. I haven't seen him in weeks. After Aaron and I got back "together", I've kind of been avoiding him and I guess he was too.

"Did you miss me?" He asks with a cheeky smile.

"Miss you? Why would I miss you?" I ask him as we walk down the hall.

"Because I've been gone for two weeks." He says, surprised.

"You have? I didn't notice." I tell him, stopping at my locker.

"Wow. Some friend you are." He tells me and I shrug.

"It's not my fault. I'm a busy girl." I admit.

"Busy with what? Aaron?" He quizzes and I roll my eyes.

"Can you not bring him up right now?" I tell him.

"What had you so busy, that you couldn't call me?" He asks and I chuckle.

"I was working. And besides, you're not my boyfriend." I say, slamming my locker shut. I sling my bag around my shoulder and I head for the gym.

I have PE.

"I know that, but I thought we were getting to know each other as friends." He says, walking beside me.

"Look, you have a lot of friends. Go hang out with one of them. Stop bugging me." I tell him.

"I have a proposition for you." He says.

"Let me hear it." I tell him, already bored of this conversation.

"After school, meet me by the parking lot. I have an amazing night planned for us. If you don't like it, you never have to talk to me again. But if you do," He says, smiling. "you're stuck with me." He says, slinging an arm around my shoulder.

I let out a loud laugh.

"Oh, you're so on. Loser." I say before I push him off me and head inside the gym.

As soon as I walk into the gym, I am met with the sight of Aaron chasing Aaliyah around the gym. She has a huge smile on her face as she tries to escape his grasp. Aaliyah and I haven't had one conversation since I caught her with Aaron at that party. I know she's scared of me and is expecting some big reaction out of me, but I'm just gonna kill her with kindness.

For now.

"Hey." I say, walking up to Aaron, putting a big smile on my face for show.

He looks puzzled, but he flashes me a big smile. People are watching after all. I hug him and pull away before giving him a deep kiss. Whistles and cheers are heard around the auditorium.

"That's enough, Miss Prentice." I hear Coach Knightley say behind me. I pull away from Aaron and adjust myself.

"Sorry, Coach." I say with a smile on my face as I run my fingers across the creases of my mouth, wiping it. I stare directly at Aaliyah and she looks away, avoiding my eyes.

"Today we'll be playing volleyball. It's going to be girls versus boys. Lewinsky, Redmond, set up the net. Jackson, follow me to the storage room to get the balls." Coach Knightley says and Aaron groans beside me before he walks to where Coach Knightley is standing and walks with Coach towards the exit of the gym.

"What is going on?" Chanel whispers beside me and I shudder.

"Holy shit, you scared me. Why did you creep up on me like that?" I ask her, touching my chest.