XXX

It's been a few weeks since the couple got to meet again after the news of Baekhyun being alive turned Chanyeol's life upside down once again. It's also been a few weeks since the last time the younger got to talk with his older brother, who stopped reaching out to him long ago. 

It was a conflict no one dared to talk about, especially Chanyeol, who was trying his best to act normal around the other now that they are back to living together. 

Not that it feels like it, with Chanyeol working almost every day and sometimes even leaving for days with meetings in other towns or countries. Baekhyun got used to it, especially when it would save them from most of the awkward moments they used to have in the beginning. 

When he told Chanyeol to take him away from his brother's house, Baekhyun didn't think everything through. And so, he found himself living with an ex-fiance he was supposed to be afraid of and the woman in charge of the house. Chanyeol, who had already taken a break from work months before meeting the boy again, decided to spend a few more days at home with him before finally going back.  In theory, his decision was great, even perfect. What more he could ask for now that he finally got Baekhyun back when he is a new person? 

Except that Baekhyun was a new person too. 

Chanyeol soon found out that Baekhyun doesn't need his help with things around the house anymore. He doesn't call his name first thing in the morning anymore, and he doesn't call him for coffee in the kitchen either. In fact, Baekhyun doesn't seem to call him at all. If they got to sit at the same table during dinner, it was fine with Baekhyun. If not, it wouldn't change anything in Baekhyun's mood. 

It was only when Chanyeol went back to work that he actually started to feel bothered by this big change. Every few days when he would get back home for dinner, the younger would tell him something new, which he never was asked about. 
This is how, a few months later, Chanyeol found Baekhyun in the kitchen one morning, getting ready for his morning class at College and packing his lunch for later, when he will have to go to his job. As much as he tried to, the older couldn't stop feeling weird about all these sudden changes, each of them surprising even his therapist whenever he would show up in the office with a new "goal" of the younger. To all of these changes, Chanyeol would usually say yes immediately, not wanting to put any boundaries around his old fiance anymore yet, it was hard for him to keep a straight face every time. He just accepted and hoped that one day Baekhyun will get it. 

But to Chanyeol's disappointment, today wasn't that day. 

"Where are you going?" Chanyeol asked, passing by Baekhyun's room while he was getting ready for a meeting with his investors, white shirt unbuttoned as he was fixing his sleeves. Baekhyun was standing in front of his clothes with the doors wide open, clothes covering the floor around him. 
"Huh?"
"I asked where are you going. Are you going out with... classmates or something?" Chanyeol asked again, hoping that this sudden disaster in his room was just an excuse to donate some clothes. 
"Oh, I'm going to the club with a friend," Baekhyun replied immediately, his tone unbothered as he was checking on some clothes in front of the mirror. "How does this look like?" he asked, turning to Chanyeol, showing him how the leather pants would look on one of his thighs. 

To this response, Chanyeol froze in his spot, trying hard not to mimic anything that would destroy Baekhyun's mood. 

"What friend? Oh, the pink-haired girl from your class? She seems nice," he tried, hoping for his own sanity that the younger would just confirm his words. Instead, he just heard Baekhyun chuckle back at him as he throws his clothes back in the closet when he picked an outfit, shooking his head. 
"Just a guy from the art department. He invited me out at some party tonight," he explains shortly, moving in a direction that Chanyeol knew too well not to feel his blood boiling already. "What do you think about these?" Baekhyun asked again, pulling out from his lingerie drawer a red, lacy set, no shame on his face as he showed it to the man who he was supposed to marry. 

Trying not to choke himself with air, Chanyeol took a deep breath before opening the fists that he kept tight until that moment. "Baekhyun, those are... I don't think it's- Why would you wear that?"

Why would Chanyeol ask such a question, when the answer to it was the only answer he didn't want to know. 

Hearing the question, Baekhyun finally stopped and looked in the direction where the man was, lips parted in surprise as he had no idea what he could respond at such a moment. Lowering his eyes, the younger fell silent, continuing to look through his drawer. "When are you coming back tonight?" he asked, trying to avoid the subject as much as he was trying to avoid Chanyeol's gaze. 

Yet, Chanyeol wasn't too excited to do so, walking away from the door without saying anything else. After all, what can a man say when the only person he loves in this world is walking away, replacing him so easily. He couldn't blame Baekhyun either, that's for sure. Who would even think to come back to the man who destroyed years of his life? 

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Hello, everyone! I don't know how many of you are still around, but I am finally back. 
I can't wait to hear your opinions on this new chapter and ideas about what you think will happen in the future. The next chapter will be posted in a few days.