VII

It's been around 4 months since Baekhyun started a new life. 

Baekhyun woke up on a Friday morning, hearing loud beeps close to his ear before he'd open his eyes, trying to recognize the blurry figure in front of him that was calling for his name before leaving the room, looking for a doctor. The loud, deep voice made Baekhyun's heart break in thousands of pieces, not knowing why. It was the first breath he took on his own after so long before closing his eyes again.

He woke up two days before he was supposed to...die. When no one gave him any chance, he opened his eyes wide open to show that he's still a fighter, no matter how hard it is. 

And this made Luhan happier than ever. He watched Baekhyun waking up every morning, taking his pills and then starting a new day like nothing happened and the only thing that came into his mind was that Baekhyun was indeed a fighter. 

There are a few scars left, besides the fact that Baekhyun lost a big part of his memories. Luhan was used to reminding him about their parents from time to time or to take his pills but now they had to take everything from zero. Baby steps but Luhan was always there to help him.

Four months later, Luhan decided that it was a good time for Baekhyun to meet with their old friends. And they decided to have a party on Baekhyun's birthday that will be in a few days so the boy was now trying to match the names with the faces he sees in the pictures Luhan is showing him on his phone.

"Uhh...That's...this is..Kyu-no, Kwangsoo", Baekhyun said, pointing toward a short man with big eyes and an apron on. Luhan just laughed, shaking his head. 

"Kyungsoo. Only his name matters if you don't want him to beat your ass." He joked and looked at Baekhyun that was showing his scared, puppy eyes. "I'm kidding, he won't touch you. But he will hit me so repeat after me."

Baekhyun laughed as well and repeated the right name, giving his brother a high five.

They spend a few good minutes doing that until Baekhyun got all the names right. He ignored the weird way the pictures were cut. How in a few you could see an arm around his neck but the picture was cut right after Baekhyun's face ended or how in other pictures people were looking in a certain direction where the picture was cut again. He stopped asking about these when Luhan ignored his questions for a few good times so he thought that it might be only in his head.

Once they are done, Luhan left the living room to start preparing dinner for his brother and husband that should get home soon. He decided to cook some traditional dishes, Sehun's favorites but also bake a strawberry cake after his mother recipe. He's been doing that for a few weeks now, trying to get that perfect taste, that will make Baekhyun so happy that his eyes will sparkle again as they used to when he was a kid and their mom used to bake the cake for his birthday. 

Meanwhile, Baekhyun stayed in the living room, still playing on Luhan's phone as he looks through the same pictures again and again just to make sure he remembers everyone. He does this for a few good minutes until a notification startled him.

He frowned, realizing that someone sent a text in a group chat with a name...not so usual.

[ChenChen @ No Park C.]: This man can't be stopped.

'Who?' he thought. It wasn't a nice thing to do but he opened the conversation.

[Ksoo @ No Park C.]: What did he do again?

[ChenChen @ No Park C.]: He asked Xiu to check some papers at the hospital to see if there are any updates about the pup. 

Right, Xiumin, their friend was working at the hospital. He met the cat-eyed man when he was still in the hospital and he was basically checking on him every 5 minutes. He really appreciated the care. But who is "he", he thought.

[Nini @ No Park C.]: He keeps asking Sehun to come with him at the pup's house.

[Nini @ No Park C.]: They are there rn.

Baekhyun was still frowning. He thought that Sehun is at work until late? Now he's at someone's house... Weird. As the conversation kept going, they talked about how tired they are of this "he", how they wish he would stop or disappear from their lives because "it'd be better".

[Junmyeonnie @ No Park C.]: Luhan, how is Baekhyun doing today? 

They probably saw that he is online, only seeing their texts but they didn't know that Luhan wasn't there. And since he felt his friend being kinda tensed, he decided to take a funny picture, to assure them that he is good.

The picture ended up being funny. Baekhyun holds the phone down, close to his chin so all you could see was his top lips, small nose, his round cheeks and his puppy eyes with long lashes. After pressing the send button, he realized that he never talked to them since he woke up. So he added a "hi" after the picture, watching how all of them started to type.

[Nini @ No Park C.]: BEAKHYUN!

[ChenChen @ No Park C.]: Funny, Luhan. Take more pictures of him like that!!

He wasn't Luhan, he was Baekhyun.

He texted, to announce them. And suddenly they stopped typing. 

[Lulu @ No Park C.]: Park

[Lulu @ No Park C.]: Who is Park C?

No one answered like their phones just died. He decided to ask someone who couldn't leave him on seen, and that was Luhan. He took the phone and walked towards the kitchen, the front door opening at the same time, both of them looking towards the tall man entering the apartment before he'd speak, showing the phone. 

"Who is Park C?" he asked, both men turning their heads towards him with big eyes, the question making Luhan drop the bowls he was holding, making a loud sound when they crashed, followed by a dead silence, being broke seconds after by a new notification.

[Layz @ No Park C.]: Oh no...