III

"Baekhyun?" a voice could be heard inside the house during the night. He knew this voice. He doesn't remember the name or the face of the person who owns it but his heart clearly remembers the feeling of being called by such a deep voice. It started to beat faster and faster as he kept hearing it, getting closer to him and disturbing his dream. "Baekhyun!" it was so close. "Baek!" his heart could just explode in that second if he won't open his eyes to see him. "Baekhyun, wake up!" , the voice suddenly softens a lot more when he could feel the long fingers caressing his hot cheek. He opened his eyes just to meet the worried gaze of his brother, Luhan. "He's here, come upstairs", the man shouted as he looked back to the door before turning back to Baekhyun. 

"You scared me to death, why you didn't call me if you wanted to leave the hospital earlier?"

"I thought you're busy, but it's alright Lu."

He could only hear a loud sigh then a few steps getting closer, a tall man entering the room. It was his brother-in-law, Sehun. 

"Is he alright? Are you fine, Hyunnie?" He asks as he ruffles Baekhyun's blonde hair. 

"He's having a temperature. And look at his eyes..." Luhan murmured as he keeps checking on his younger brother.

The truth was, Baekhyun's temperature got pretty high again. And the bags under his puppy eyes got darker than they used to be, not to talk about his petite body that only got skinnier after the accident and the long coma that was closed to be his sleep for an eternity.

"I'm fine, really. Let me serve you with something." He managed to murmur before leaving the bed, a little dizzy but nothing he couldn't hide, or at least try. They walked downstairs, to the kitchen, only to realize that Baekhyun had nothing to serve them with because...the house was empty. 

They were preparing for his funeral, not for him to come back home.

Everything was covered and packed, so the dust won't destroy anything. The fridge was empty, in and out, except for the note that Luhan couldn't throw away. "Mom and dad are out of the town, I think they threw everything so it won't smell bad when they come back since I wasn't home as well." he said with an innocent smile on and the slightest shrug, as he would say "It's normal, right?" On the other side, Luhan and Sehun looked at each other almost terrified. Luhan's face got so pale that Sehun had to hold him just so he won't fall before he'd clear his throat, closing his eyes for a second before finally opening his mouth to talk. "Baekhyun, did you took any meds today?" Baekhyun shook his head. He was healthy, why would he need any med? Plus, his mother left zero meds on the table when she left. "What date it is?" the older brother asked again. Baekhyun frowned for a second at the weird question then turned his head back to the note. "Uh..2013? A few days after February 14, I guess?"He was right. It was a few days after February 14...but 6 years later. Luhan couldn't hold himself back and with a sigh he got closer to Baekhyun, managing to settle down with him at the dining table.

"Baekhyun...it's 2019. Mom and dad...they are dead for a few years now. Try to remember it, okay?"