XVIII

NOTE: in this part of the story, Jongdae's future wife, aka EXOL's QUEEN is not pregnant (yet). No one knows her name so I'll give her a meaningful one. Also, if you don't support her and Chen or you're one of those antis, you can as well leave and stop reading my book. This chapter is not showing her true personality or behaviour and she is just a fictional character that will help me get through this part of the story. Thank you! 

--------------------

"Here you are, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun didn't turn around when he felt a hand on his shoulder, spending a few more seconds than he was supposed to only to repeat the sound of this sweet, almost angelic voice in his head. For sure, it wasn't his brother and in fact, he could swear he never heard this voice before but somehow, instead of startling him, it calmed him down in less than a second. 

"Luhan is so worried, God...", the same voice kept murmuring, pulling the man a little closer. When he finally turned around, he could see a petite woman, a little shorter than him with rosy lips and maybe the most beautiful eyes he has ever seen on a girl, sparkling without reason. Her hair was black and long, complimenting her flawless skin and beautiful features. She wasn't wearing makeup, something unusual for Baekhyun who was used to see all these girls hiding their insecurities under tons of makeup, even if they were beautiful. But this girl was, indeed, wonderful, beautiful just like a flower. 

She probably caught Baekhyun looking for too long at her and with a short chuckle, she let go of his arm after walking a few steps away from the women without the man even realizing and smiled to him. 

"You probably don't remember me so I am really sorry if I startled you," she started, giving him her small hand to shake before continuing. "My name is April, I'm Chen's fiance. We have met only a few months before your accident and I couldn't attend your birthday party, I'm sorry for finally meeting again in a grocery store." 

Her laugh was contagious for sure, just like her fiance's. 

"H-hi," he finally said, nodding his head and shaking her hand carefully, like she is made out of porcelain. He has always been so careful with girls. "Chen and the others told me about you, of course. Thank you so much for the present, you didn't have to."

"No, no... I really wanted to give you something even if I couldn't come so I sent it through Chen. How are you? Everything's fine?" 

For the first time, Baekhyun actually enjoyed talking with someone, without feeling like that someone is hiding something from him. They sat down on one of the tables, waiting for Luhan to come after she texted him and kept talking for a few good minutes. She helped him understand her relationship with his friend and he told her how tiring it is not to remember so much of your own life, always needing someone to explain everything to you. He was tired of questions without answers, tired of secrets, tired of worrying looks out of nowhere. He was exhausted. 

Then, an idea came up to his mind. 

"Hey, April...you said we've met a few months before my accident, right?", he asked, the woman fixing him with her eyes immediately, nodding her head. 

"Yes, I got to meet the whole group a few months before that. We were going out pretty often or sometimes we had these sleepovers in each other's living room, all of us."

He smiled. It was a nice memory that he wished he could get back. 

"April, I actually want to ask you something... And please, forget if any of them talked to you, just please, be honest with me." He made a pause, meeting her concerned gaze as she caressed his hand that was rested on the table. "Is there..anything that they keep hiding from-"