XXVIII

"So, what's for dinner tonight?" Baekhyun asked as he entered the spacious kitchen of the villa that was already blessed with the delicious smell of some of his favourite foods. "Can I help?", he continued, putting back the blue mask over his mouth and small nose to keep him safe. As much as he loved the smell, staying there and breathing that air for so long will do nothing but make him pass out only a few minutes later. "Mm, I am almost done but you can help me cut the vegetables for the salad", the other person answered in a warm tone, adding a slight smile to it. "Make it fast but be careful, darling." Baekhyun took one of the knives that were on the table and started to cut the vegetables just as he was told, concentrating on the small, casual conversation at the same time. That, until a certain pair of lips, would be pressed on top of his head once the tall figure of his fiance would enter the room.

"Smells good, you two are cooking dinner already?", Chanyeol asked, his attitude is still bright after a day of work. No sign of angriness on his face or his voice, just the sign of a calm, happy man. " I made Baekhyun's favourite for tonight and he wanted to help a little so I gave him the vegetables for the salad", the other one informed while both of them would watch the younger slicing the said vegetables but, in the fraction of a second, the cutting board would get covered in bright red and a faint sound of pain would escape the younger's mouth. The cut wasn't deep. Not at all, just a typical, superficial cut on two fingers that you can get anywhere but in Baekhyun's condition, his blood would keep running for minutes even from the smallest paper cut. And Chanyeol saw in that moment red in front of his eyes, feeling his blood boiling through his veins as he starts cursing when he comes closer to the boy.

"Why the hell are you even here? Who the hell put you in the kitchen? Are you a God damn servant or what?! Do you think he is you? A fucking piece of shit that only cleans and cook? Why is he here?" the shouts and curses would keep coming out of his mouth but his hands were not moving even an inch to help the smaller bandage his fingers.

It was always-"Mrs Kim! You're back early!", Chanyeol greets the woman, immediately standing up to walk towards her, taking the heavy looking bags away from her as he moves them in front of the stairs. Baekhyun took that quick moment to observe the woman that looked completely petrified upon seeing his. Without thinking too much, he realized that the lines on the corners of her eyes and lips, along with the small posture would give this lady an age close enough to the one Chanyeol's mother has or maybe a little bit older. Her hair was white, not from some treatment at the salon but from the ages that passed by. For a second, he thought that maybe this was Chanyeol's grandmother but there was no feature in common: Chanyeol was tall, everything about him was big in the first place and this woman could he even shorten than him. The man had those big, black eyes with a dark expression on or, for the past few days, a more tired one, unlike this woman who, even if her eyes were indeed smaller, her gaze was so warm and cheerful, like her eyes would smile all the time. She was still beautiful, despite the old age or the shaky voice. "This is Ba-" she started but stops immediately as she covers her mouth with her hand until she got closer. By the time she reached the spot where he was sitting, Baekhyun already stood up out of his respect for the elders but the lady probably thought that it was because he knew who she was because, in the next moment, she pulled him in the warmest and tight hug he had since he woke up, having his head constantly pecked with sweet smooches while the lady keeps repeating his name or other nicknames such as "my baby" or "my son". All, in front of Chanyeol who looked like he has been forgotten by.

"You have a nanny", Baekhyun started as he looked into the man's eyes, unable to hold his laugh. "Man, you will be 40 in a few years and you have a nanny? This is the man that cheated on me and made me wanna take my own life before he kills me? A man...with a nanny?". To be honest, Baekhyun's reaction was funny at first, especially for the lady who, once she learned the situation and found out that Baekhyun remembers nothing of their relationship, presented herself as no one else but "Chanyeol's nanny". And yeah, Baekhyun laughed too until the man approved it in a way or another, still not accepting the title of "nanny" like he is five.