XXIV

With a simple gesture, the man opened the door wide, allowing the other to get inside first with the bag on his shoulder, as he is walking from behind with the big troller after him. Once the door is closed again, their gazes would lock together with nothing but love between them, approaching each other with a tight kiss, lips crashing against each other with so much passion and hunger like it's been so long without feeling the other so close. 

Chanyeol's big hands would travel from Baekhyun's cheeks down to his small body, pulling him closer by the waist as Baekhyun is trying to resist on his tiptoes to keep kissing the taller. Arms wrapped around the other's neck, pulling him down to get a better taste of his lips. 

It's been a while since last time they got the chance to be this close but, the kiss they share right now is indeed a more special one.

Because this is the first kiss Chanyeol and Baekhyun shares in their new house, where they will live together from now on. For the rest of their lives, as they hope. It's the house where they will have their firsts again, and where they will try new things, especially living together all the time...just as engaged people should do. 

It's been three months since they got engaged and almost a year since they started to date and now, they finally have a place for themselves, so Baekhyun won't have to visit Chanyeol at his apartment for "sleepovers" only. The older surprised Baekhyun with everything he ever wanted: a nice garden where he can grow his strawberries, a yard where they could relax on Chanyeol's day off, something close to the hospital and, last but not least, a big house with so many corners that they'd never get to the bedroom in their way upstairs, making out in every single one. The last one was maybe the request that surprised Chanyeol the most but he'd do anything for his fiance, especially after leaving him alone for a whole month because of his work. 

It was a fresh start for them. 

But soon enough, the perfume of chaos took over their love space, the battle for surviving leaving wounds in every corner that would get covered with forbidden love affairs and heavy tears, rolling down on the burning cheeks of the younger. 

This place turned out to be anything but a home. 

This place was hell. 

The same hell where the blonde would step inside now, holding his heavy backpack on the shoulder as he takes a look around, unbothered by the curious looks of the older. 

"Baekhyun, wha-"

"So you're like a sugar daddy or something?" Baekhyun cut the other immediately, looking around the walls of the expensive-looking house, decorated with classy details and big paintings of artists Baekhyun never heard of but he thought they fit perfectly in the decor.

"Beg your pardon?"

"Beg, sure."

If Chanyeol wasn't surprised enough to wake up with Baekhyun at his door on a Sunday morning, the ironic answer of the younger left him speechless for sure. It's been a few good minutes since the ex-fiance arrived, without an invitation or warning before. "Maybe the address was hard to find but your mom was sweet enough to give it to me. The food was delicious, by the way." was the only explanation Baekhyun gave him at first, letting him find out later that he could easily find his parents' restaurant on the internet and since he was home alone for the first time -a big mistake made by the couple, as you can see-, he thought he could give them a visit, only to find the one who pretended to be his fiance. Everything still felt unreal for Baekhyun.

A few months ago, he was learning again the names of his friends and now, he was discovering a part of his life that everyone wanted him to forget. 

And for Chanyeol, seeing his fiance who almost gave his last breath in his arms, treating him like a stranger now, acting so different from the old Baekhyun while checking their old house was too much, making his whole body shake in despair as he retains himself from not rushing upon the younger and crash their lips together, reminding Baekhyun about him, about their love, about their past and about who he belongs with. 

But he couldn't. All these months his life was just an endless circle of despair and attempts of finding the lover who he knew he was not dead. He could feel in his heart how his soulmate was alive somewhere, but he never thought he was so close, right under his nose. 

Hearing Baekhyun's voice on the phone was the only sign he needed to start making a plan. A trip to another country exactly when April would have a party. If Baekhyun was alive, Luhan would surely take him with them at the party so all he needed was to surprise them in that exact night, making it look like the false meeting was cancelled. With his heartbroken, his sharp mind was still working perfectly, so perfect that it could only go blind at the sight of his lover dancing from so many strangers, stealing glances with every curve of his body. At least he found him. 

"Where is our bedroom?" was the question that made him shook all these thoughts away, looking with curiosity at the man in front of him like he wouldn't understand the language. "Where is the bedroom? You know...the room where I was sleeping?" He asks again, in such an ironic way that made Chanyeol roll his eyes in annoyance no matter how much he could adore the person in front of him even if he was so...different from Baekhyun. But this was him indeed. Without any word, he walked in front of him to the stairs, leading them into a glorious matrimonial bedroom upstairs. Tall, grey walls in a darker shade with a big bed in the middle, arranged in the same style with the whole room that thanks to the golden, white and glass details gave such a classy touch per total. It was, indeed, an expensive house so the younger kept wondering inside his head what could his "lover" do for a living. 

"Everything is..." Baekhyun starts, being immediately cut by Chanyeol who was standing beside him. "In the exact same spot as you left them." Baekhyun looked up to him, hoping that he will meet his gaze but it never happened. Chanyeol had no courage to look into his eyes anymore. 

"I'll let you look around... Your phone is on the nightstand, your laptop and papers on the desk, your clothes in the closet... Everything is in this...house."

He couldn't call it "home". It wasn't their home anymore and however, Chanyeol's home was right on the edge of the bed, holding a phone with his small hands as his eyes would sparkle upon the home-screen that he just unlocked. 

A picture with the two of them, showing their rings. 

--------------

Hello guys! I finally came back with an update, something quick so you won't forget about these two. Next, I'm thinking about doing a Q&A with the characters? I remember writers doing this thing years ago and I think I will try it too so leave as many questions as you want below, along with the character who is for (eg. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Luhan, Sehun, Park family, the rest of their friends etc) or even for me. Maybe these questions and answers will give you a better idea of what happened, what's happening now and what you should expect in the future. 

I hope everyone is safe and healthy. Take care!