XX

"Baekhyun, you can't do this! You don't even know him, you realize that, right? What is wrong with you? What did he tell you?"

Luhan was screaming for almost an hour now and Baekhyun was tired. But more than tired, he was angry. Angry at everyone for being lied for so long, for knowing that they were lying to him as they were looking straight into his eyes. And he was asking himself for how long they thought they could hide the truth from him if this man, this Chanyeol who pretend to be his fiance, didn't find him in that club last night. And he was asking himself that while he was packing his belongings because no one could answer his questions for the past few hours. 

Everyone left, except Chanyeol. Who was fighting with Sehun in his office, asking his best friend again and again how he could hide this from him when he knew so well that he was looking for Baekhyun. How could he, his childhood friend, his brother from another mother look into his eyes and tell him that "Baekhyun couldn't make it." He lied for months. Chanyeol was there with Baekhyun during his coma. Day and night, he was there until the boy opened his eyes, only to hear a few days later after not having access to him that he died.

Baekhyun died. The man who could be as happy as a puppy but sad like a soldier who lost everything but kept fighting for his life just lost the war with this cruel world. The flawless angel who took his breath away from the first second their eyes met, the one who could understand his only by looking into his eyes...his lover died. 

And Sehun kept lying about this every single time Chanyeol thought he had found a new place where Baekhyun could be. Because it wasn't just that lie, their words were not "Baekhyun died". It was worse than that. 

It was a macabre scenario about how Baekhyun left the hospital without announcing and no one could find him. And his doctors could only announce his family, excluding his fiance, that in his state, Baekhyun wasn't able to live outside the hospital for more than a day so he's probably lost and dead somewhere. Chanyeol kept looking for him in every single place, in every corner of Seoul, in any corner of Korea. Still, no one could find him and he was announced by the younger's brother that they now declared him dead.  

Thinking about this now, Chanyeol asked himself who was the crazy one here. He, or this couple and his friends who acted like Baekhyun was gone around him and like he didn't exist around Baekhyun. It's like those two, who could never be separated lived in different worlds for months: one where Baekhyun had to be forgotten with the help of many hours of therapy and one where everyone made Baekhyun believe that he had never felt in love with someone. And thinking about how Baekhyun used to tell him that his only wish is to be loved, he couldn't decide which one was worse. 

He didn't get to talk too much with Baekhyun since last night. In fact, all they talked about was the address of this apartment, since Chanyeol had no idea that the couple moved and the short talk they had in the morning when Baekhyun, in flesh and bone, woke him up. If he knew that he wasn't dreaming, he would've talked with the smaller. He would have asked Baekhyun where he has been or a better question, why he wasn't with him. He would have apologised to him, for everything he did cause he was regretting everything but for the past few months he did this every day. Begging Baekhyun for forgiveness and to come back, in his dreams or while looking at his pictures and still, it never happened so he didn't try to last night. Cause he thought it was only another dream, another version of Baekhyun that was haunting him because of his sins. One of those many versions who met him after closing his eyes, made him remember about how perfect Baekhyun was, how fragile, how pure he was in the beginning and how he destroyed him in the end. One of those versions who were meant to make him wake up crying in the middle of the night and even so, still begging the illusion to not leave him alone. 

But this wasn't another nightmare. This was a dream come true. For someone like Chanyeol, who was destroyed by his own mistakes, hearing Baekhyun's voice this morning could be compared with the heavenly meal a prisoner gets before he's killed. Chanyeol was killed by himself, by his own lies, mistakes, behaviour and instead of burning in Hell's flames, Baekhyun brought him to Heaven as he used to. 

No one could answer his question. No one could explain why they had lie about his death or why they never told Baekhyun about him. And they couldn't answer to Baekhyun's questions either. And Chanyeol could see in Baekhyun's eyes that he was mad. For the second time in this life, Baekhyun had the same angry eyes as in the day when he had his accident. It was a feeling of anger combined with sadness and disappointment in the people he loved. He looked at them the same way he looked at him that morning when he decided to left Chanyeol for good. And still, when their eyes met, Baekhyun's gaze got softer. Like he could see in Chanyeol a light, that he is the only person who could tell him the truth. And tired of being lied to, tired of being treated like a porcelain doll, he looked into Chanyeol's eyes while he talked to his brother. 

"I'm leaving."

These two words were meant to start a war. 

An hour later, Baekhyun was packing his things while Luhan was unpacking them. Chanyeol could hear the older brother scream, almost at the same time with his angry husband, both talking with different persons. He wasn't paying attention and it goes the same way for Baekhyun who haven't talked to him. In fact, after announcing that he wants to leave, he didn't even look at Chanyeol twice before going to his room but something was telling him that he won't leave this apartment alone. 

Still, the screams started to make his head hurt so without a word for Sehun, he left the office and walked to Baekhyun's room who he found with his mouth open, ready to finally scream back to his brother. Luhan, on the other side, could kill Chanyeol with his eyes. What the taller did next was unexpected, making Baekhyun's jaw drop. 

He was unpacking Baekhyun's clothes.

"You're not going anywhere." He said, not looking at him as he moved the clothes back to his closet. "We're solving this problem here, so your sweet brother can sleep at night."