IV

The shook and the sadness on Baekhyun's face could break Luhan's heart in thousands and thousands of pieces. He always had this look of a sad, lost puppy when he had to remember him about their parents, about the night that destroyed their lives.

Baekhyun was 16 and Luhan 18 back to the day when their parents left this cruel world. They left on a work trip after the boys went to school, only leaving a note on the fridge, telling them that they will come back in a few days. 

But they never did.

And the worst part, the younger brother was the one to pick up the call that gave them the bad news. As a gift from the Death for Valentine's Day, their parents died together, holding each other's hands when a camion hit their car. It destroyed both of them, for sure. But on Baekhyun, the signs were more visible. He got sick. Due to the shook of losing his parents, his immune system wanted to leave too, leaving him in the hospital, fighting for his life and until this day, he was only alive because of pills and periodic controls and days spent in the hospital for treatments, trying to get better.

They say that some people use to forget about the bad news that comes into their lives but never forget the feeling. How their heart stopped beating for a second when their heard those words that destroyed their entire life. How it felt to get their heart broken only by a few words. And that's what happened with Baekhyun. Besides a body that was sick all the time, his mind erased that memory from his brain and everything after. But the heart never erased the feelig, leaving Baekhyun with a broken heart but unless he took his pills in the morning, with no clear answer why.

You could say that it wasn't a life, the one that Baekhyun had in the past 6 years. And maybe it's true but things only got worse.

__________________________

"So, this is it," Luhan said with a bright smile, turning his head to his little brother."You still think it's a good idea?" Baekhyun asked. 

Luhan only nodded his head then looked up to the tallest man in the room, Sehun mirroring the gesture. "It's all yours."

The three of them were standing in front of a door, looking inside a nicely decorated room in warm tones of brown and touches of white, with a bed that seemed more than comfortable in the middle, a desk close to the window and a closet, nicely decorated with paintings and pictures.

After the night when they found Baekhyun alone in the house and a check-up at the hospital, Luhan and Sehun decided that it's better for everyone if Baekhyun would move in with them in their new house. Sehun accepted immediately since he could only see the 22 years old man as his child, since he knew him and Luhan since before the tragedy happened. He was more than happy to help and if the doctor decided that Baekhyun he will only be safe with them around, then that's it. Baekhyun on the other hand was still skeptical about it. He didn't want to disturb his brother and his husband since now he remembers most of the things that they did for him. But they insisted so now, here they are, showing him their new house, where the three of them will live together. They were at peace, finally, only being disturbed by a phone that kept ringing inside Sehun's pocket after every declined call. Again. And again. And again until Luhan suggests him to go in another room and answer while he will take Baekhyun in the bathroom to help the younger take a bath.