XVII

Baekhyun has no idea how he got himself in this situation. 

One second he was doing groceries with his brother and now he was a prisoner in this old woman's arms who wouldn't let him go. He felt...well, awkward was not enough but he'd go with that if he thinks about the fact he doesn't even know who this woman was. Or why she was so eager to have him close. 

Finally, Luhan was the one to move him away from her by grabbing his arm, showing him a smile. 
"Ah, Baekhyun... This is Mrs Park and her daughter. They...they lived next to our house. Remember them?" he asked his brother, who got a deeper frown than before since from what he could remember, their neighbours back to their house were either super old or the age of their parents. Still, he tried to believe his brother. "Baekhyun still has problems with his memory, you know, because of the accident?". Baekhyun couldn't ignore Luhan's weird smile when he told the woman about the accident. It's like he could see hate coming out of his gaze, giving the ladies a hard time to breathe for a second before they would nod their heads slowly. 

"We heard about it", said the younger woman, locking her big eyes on Baekhyun. The man looked back to her and for a second, he remembered seeing those eyes before, but he was more than sure it wasn't a woman. Still, he couldn't remember where or when so he shook the thought away. "I hope you'll get better, Baekhyun. You look much better now, so healthy.", she continued, showing him a smile.

And it was true, Baekhyun looked now so much better than before. He got a little heavier, finally reaching a healthy weight for his age and body type. His cheeks started to get fuller and his eye bags were almost gone. Thankfully, he realised he liked applying to makeup on his face, just as Luhan would do sometimes so he could cover those easily. He only thanked them with a smile and a small bow of his head before turning back to Luhan who still has his eyes locked on the old lady. 
"We'll keep going, now. Come, Baekhyun.", Luhan said, pulling his brother close and leaving the ladies behind, watching after them. 

"Who was that?", Baekhyun asked minutes later while Luhan was checking some products before putting them in his cart. 

"Who?"

"That old lady and her daughter."

Luhan ignored him and moved forward, checking the list on his phone. "You want anything else, Baek?" he asked, looking back to the younger. 

"Yes, I want to know who are those ladies. I don't remember having them as our neighbours, you know I remember very well that part when we lived in our house."

"You just don't remember that part. She was just happy to see you."

"Why?"

Luhan stopped and looked back, shrugging his shoulders. 

"Maybe because you almost died? I don't know, ask her."

Baekhyun frowned at how unbothered Luhan sounded, talking about his possible death. And that reminded him of the incident that happened a few weeks ago when Sehun talked on the phone about Luhan being sad because of his death, even if he was alive. He figured out that everyone is hiding something from him so he decided to take Luhan's words and...ask her. 

"I asked if you want anything else.", Luhan said and turned his head again just to see that Baekhyun was nowhere close to him. He felt like he was losing his mind. 

"Hey! Hey, Mrs Park! Hey!", he tried to call as he was running towards the ladies, stopping next to them to catch his breath for a second, still not being used to running like this. He looked for them everywhere, hoping they are still inside the store. 

"Baekhyun, don't run!" the old woman said with a clear worried voice, trying to calm him down by caressing his cheeks and back. "Where is Luhan?"

"Who are you?" he asked, completely ignoring the lady's question. 

"W-what? Your brother just to-"

"No, I mean, who you really are? You're not our neighbours."

He was still heavy breathing as he watched the ladies looking at each other, frowning, not knowing what to say or who to start talking. 

"Darling, you just don't remember, it's not such a big deal."

"Let's get you back to your brother, hm?", the younger lady said as he looked to him with a kind smile, fixing him with that almond eyes. Again, Baekhyun looked at her and analysed her gaze. For a second, he could see the same pair of eyes but with a much darker gaze, devouring him. Then he blinked again, watching her caring one. 

"Do I know you?", he asked the girl, clearing his throat. 

Yoora looked at her mother then shortly laughed, nodding her head. "Ah, you probably saw me on news, I work in television," she explained, but Baekhyun was still frowning while shaking his head. 

"No, I mean personally. I remember you..your eyes."

It was true. Baekhyun saw those eyes before but he couldn't really remember where or when. Big, black almond eyes. Of course, the gaze of the woman was way kinder than the one he remembers so he might just confuse her eyes with someone else's but...he was so sure he wasn't. 

Yoora shook her head. "I told you, we were neighbours. A lot of peo-"

"You have a brother, right?"

Without thinking this time, Yoora shook her head, letting out a clear "no". 

Somehow, it was for the first time when Baekhyun felt like he's not hearing lies. 

Because it wasn't a lie. Yoora doesn't have a brother and her mother doesn't have a son. 

He's dead to everyone in their family. 

Soon, the women Locked their eyes on the tall man coming fromBaekhyun's back, grabbing his arm. 

"Here you are, Baekhyun."