XXI

It's been hours now since they start talking, all together in the living room. No one was sitting besides no one, all of them in different spots. Chanyeol took the armchair in front of the couch when Baekhyun was sitting, while Sehun took the other corner of the couch and Luhan was alone at the dining table, not letting anyone approach, especially his husband who couldn't think about giving him a call to announce that they are coming back.

The decision of coming back to Korea was a surprise for everyone, no one being announced that their business partners won't attend from specific reasons. Chen wanted to surprise April and appear to her party, the others tagging along. What they didn't expect was to see Luhan there too. And no one was ready to have Chanyeol and Baekhyun in the same room, especially tonight. Of course, Luhan had no idea that they'd come and Sehun never thought of announcing because he knew that his dear husband won't risk and take Baekhyun out of their house. Not even talking about a nightclub. 

The announcement of Baekhyun being engaged still feel like a dream for the younger, who couldn't take his eyes off the man in front of him that was explaining how the couple and their friends made him believe for months that Baekhyun is no longer alive and his body nowhere to be found. It was a horrific scenario that made Baekhyun look at those who took care of him with hate and disgust in his eyes, the love and appreciation disappearing. 

"I can't believe you did this... to me, especially", he whispered, finally looking at the others too. "Pretending that I'm dead while I was here, all day? What kind of sick lie was that?"

He was, indeed, hurt. He was breaking, feeling his heart clench because of the pain. And maybe it wouldn't help but Chanyeol actually tried to stop him before saying things that he might regret later but before words could leave his mouth, he was cut by the younger again. 

"And what about him? What did he do to deserve to be lied like this by everyone? Luhan, you should be the first one to know the pain of losing someone you love, am I right? Or did you lost your memory too and forgot that mom and dad are de-"

"Tell him, Chanyeol", Luhan finally cut him, not moving from his spot. "Tell Baekhyun why me, a person who knows how hard is to lose someone he loved had to lie to you like this, for months."

Baekhyun turned his eyes from his brother back to the man who is supposed to be his fiance. He looked straight into his big, black eyes and he could feel his heart breaking, without a certain reason. Or at least, without a reason known by him. And he could feel this pain in his chest every time he'd look at the older, who was now biting his lower lip, running his fingers through his black hair while letting out a loud sigh. "So you told him nothing..." Were the only words Baekhyun could hear coming out from the man's mouth before he'd lose himself in his own thoughts as he analyses the man for the first time in almost 24 hours. Starting with his tall stature and broad body that could tower Baekhyun's easily, his serious aspect had to be destroyed by a pair of big ears, that looked adorable to Baekhyun as he concentrates over his face next. Then, it hit him. A few days ago, he has seen this pair of almond eyes not just once, but twice back to the grocery store. Baekhyun was smart, especially when he was mad so it didn't take him more than a few seconds to realize who the ladies who looked so surprised to see him was. 

"Excuse me, what's your name?" Baekhyun just interrupted a fight between the three men, a loud one that he just chooses not to hear so he could take a better look at the man who was now looking at him with a confused. 

"What?", Chanyeol asked, taking a step closer to Baekhyun, looking into the smaller's eyes. The pain Baekhyun felt earlier, was exactly the same one to break Chanyeol's heart now, realizing that the younger really doesn't remember him. The moment when in the corners of his eyes appeared heavy tears ready to fall down on his face, was the same moment when his big palms cupped Baekhyun's small face between them, making him lookup. 

"Y-your full name," Baekhyun whispered, starting to look worried at the man who sent shivers down his spine just by such a tender touch.

There was silence for a few seconds, their eyes never moving away from each other's before Chanyeol's deep voice could be heard in the entire room, connecting all the puzzle pieces in Baekhyun's mind. 

"Park. My name is Park Chanyeol, Baekhyun."

It made Baekhyun chuckle, no matter how serious Chanyeol's voice was. Still, it wasn't an amused chuckle the one that came out from between his thin, rosy lips. It was a fake one, that could fool anyone who was stupid enough to think that he found the situation funny. He pulled back from Chanyeol's hold and kept his hands down, looking at the men behind them, still laughing softly. Chanyeol could only murmur, asking him what's so funny. And Baekhyun's eyes lighted up when he looked back to the taller. 

"Nothing," he said, coming closer to him again. His small hand found her way to Chanyeol's big one, grabbing his long, thick fingers between his to look again at his ring then in his eyes, shrugging with a grin. "I'm just happy I got to meet my mother and sister in law, even before meeting you."

The confession left Chanyeol speechless, not understanding for a second what the other was saying. "I've met your mom the other day, we bumped into each other. And Yoora... and yet, no one told me a word about you." Baekhyun continued, laughing again before looking at Sehun. "You know why?" He asked, waiting for a second before asking the other husband. "Do you, Luhan? Or she was there only as our fake old neighbour, and she forgot about the fiance part?"

Chanyeol was still breaking inside after every word coming out from Baekhyun's mouth and he couldn't believe that everything was a lie, all this time. The truth is, his mother, or better said, his whole family stopped talking to him after Baekhyun's accident. No one was answering his calls, no one was letting him inside the house where he has been raised. His parents' stopped asking him to visit them or to help them with the business they had and his sister declared that she has no brother in this world. Chanyeol accepted his destiny, thinking that he is paying for his sins, for playing with fire and with Baekhyun's heart but not even the Devil itself could take this fain of being forgotten about everyone around him, watching them enjoy how he's losing his minds. 

Lost in his thoughts, realizing that even his family knew the real story about Baekhyun, he didn't even realize when the younger was pulling him by the arm, wanting to leave the living room, not until he heard the sweet, honey voice who could calm down all the demons inside his mind and soul. "Let's go... I can only trust you, here." Baekhyun almost whispered, silently asking the man to follow him back to his bedroom. Once they got there, Baekhyun sat down on the edge of the bed, head down, looking at his feet while Chanyeol was still at the door, looking at him. No one had the courage to talk first. Baekhyun was afraid of the truth, while Chanyeol was afraid the truth will make Baekhyun disappear again. "Why they did this?", Baekhyun whispered, looking up to the man who was finally approaching him, taking a seat on the bed, beside him.

"To protect you," but the painful, naked truth was still better than a lie. "From me.", he continued, giving Baekhyun the matching ring that was around his pinky, too small to fit on the others. 

It was the pair of the one he has seen earlier. 

It was his ring.

"I hurt you."