II

He hated hospitals. 

This white paint all over, these white beds, white pajamas. Everything looked so clean and yet, he was the dark spot that managed to spend the last few weeks in his life in one of these rooms. He was always there, never leaving even for a few minutes.

He was waiting. Waiting in silence, not talking, not laughing. With his eyes open most of the time, locked on the monitors, wishing that one day he will make up and see those lines moving differently. And as luckily as it might seem, it happened. The loud sound that was monitoring the heartbeat woke him up in a morning, almost two months after everyone gave up on their hope, on dreaming about this moment when the white-haired boy would finally wake up."Baekhyun", he could only murmur when the boy finally opened his eyes a little, managing to look at him through the long lashes.

He could finally breathe.

A few days later, Baekhyun woke up with a nurse in his room, helping him with his last papers and the cannula on his hand, the only thing that kept him in his hospital for the last few days. He left the white pajamas on the side of the bed, now wearing his casual clothes, a pair of jeans and a hoodie. He put his mask on after the nurse insisted then showed her a wide smile even if it was covered by the white material."No one is picking you up, Baekhyun?" The boy shook his head. His parents didn't answer the phone, most probably being busy with work and he didn't want to disturb his brother so he managed he could get home safe and sound. "No", he finally answered before taking the map with his documents from the nurse and leaving the front desk while having his hand.

Around 30 minutes later he was already in front of his house, paying the driver with the last money he found in his wallet before leaving the car.

"Mom, dad! I'm home!" he shouted when he got inside the house, looking around for his parents but seemed like no one was there to greet him. He made his way to the kitchen, finding a note on the fridge, stuck there with a magnet.

"Baekkie, we're out of town for a few days. Call us if you need anything.                                                                           

                                                                                                    -Mom and dad, feb 14 2013"

"So that's why." he nodded to himself then put the paper back to her place, so he can read it again tomorrow. And the day after tomorrow...and for every day until God knows when, as he did for the last few years since his parents died in that tragic accident when he was just a kid.

______________________________________

The black car stopped in front of the big house with no sound, no one coming out of it. From the inside, behind the black windows, someone was looking at the house, following the rooms that got lighted by the neons inside as the owner passes by every room. "He's here."