XXIX

Life was never easy for Chanyeol. 
Of course, from the outside everything seemed to be perfect: young and beautiful, the CEO of a big company that wears his name, the life he had in a rich family. He had everything he wanted, from cars and money to a loving wife, you could say. 
But he also had deep marks of the past in the places where no camera would see them and nights when he felt like dying in his own nightmares. 

But the nightmare was his own life and the marks were all over his soul. Or, on the corner that he was trying to save. 

Park family have always been known as a wealthy, happy one. Generation after generation, their name got bigger in the country and soon, the whole Asian part of the world would know their name. Would fear the possessors. 

Chanyeol turned out to be the youngest son of their family, the next who will lead their "empire", followed by his older sister, Yoora. Of course, their father would never let a woman be the head of the family, sticking by the strict rules he learned from his father who, at his time, learned them from Chanyeol's grand-grandfather who learned them from his father and the story goes on. "What's a woman in front of a Park? A maid who honours you in the bedroom and nothing more," he remembers his father saying every time he'd have to lay down beside his wife in bed at night.

A wife that he didn't get to chose, just as he didn't get to chose this life or...his past. 

Park siblings got separated before they even realized they were siblings, some would say. Yoora got to live with her mother and their nanny in Korea, presenting the beautiful face of their family while Chanyeol lived in Japan for 15 years, only with his father and his rules. They'd get to see each other only a few times a year...then once a year...until they only saw each other again at their father's funeral. 
And every time they saw each other a few times a year, Chanyeol would have a new bruise. Every time they saw each other once a year, Chanyeol would become colder. And once they saw each other at their father's funeral, Chanyeol got a new gun.

While Yoora got to grew up protected under their mother's wing, Chanyeol got to forget the warmth of the woman who gave him life and learned to love the coldness of their father who had no compassion for his kids nor for any human being that wouldn't give him a profit, that wouldn't serve him right...that would betray him. 

When Baekhyun was born, Chanyeol already knew how to use a gun. 
By the time Baekhyun was 5, Chanyeol already had a plan.
By the time Baekhyun was 15, Chanyeol was already married.
And by the time Baekhyun was  18, Chanyeol was in love. For the very first time. 

But what can a man with no heart do with this much love? 

"I saw in you that day the innocence he took away from me the day I was born", Chanyeol would confess, looking at the man on the other side of the table. It's useless to say that Baekhyun was more than unimpressed by the story the taller just told him. 
Of course, it was a heartbreaking scenario: a kid was taken away from his mother's breast to be raised with the blood of guns instead of heavily milk. Being mentally abused until he turned into a completely heartless monster who knew nothing but to offer pain because he never felt love. He never felt compassion from other people. A monster who-

"So you killed him."
It wasn't a question the sentence that came out of Baekhyun's mouth. It was more like a wish to be measured that he got the story right.  And as he expected, everyone at the table could only nod their heads, lately lowering them. 
The weather was cold and now he wished he was inside the older man's house, in the bed that once was the one where they shared deep moments of something that his old self would call "love". That room was warm, the bad was comfortable and after months of living with the man again, he finally found the place familiar. 

Unlike the cold bunker they were in, with nine of them sitting at the table, each one with their gun in front of them, except for the two men that once formed a couple. They were to only ones who had no gun, no weapon on them. But who needed weapons when Baekhyun's cold glare, the same one he had for months could kill the oldest in the room. 

And he is so close to actually do it. 

-

I KNOW THIS IS NOT SOON BUT things happened again and I really couldn't find the motivation to write something that would impress you. This is a short update until I will manage to make a clear plan but tell me what do you think about it. What do you think will happen in the next chapter?