XIII

Still, no one was saying a single word or share a glance, at least. Everyone's eyes were locked on the man in front of them who was more than relaxed, compared to the other men in the room.

"What's with the long faces?" the man asked, taking off his coat and making a few steps closer, approaching Baekhyun, the only one who was standing up. 

"You all look like you've seen a ghost." He comments before leaning closer to press a kiss on the smaller's cheek. "Happy birthday, Hyunie! Sorry for being late."

The man excused himself after the lovely gesture and Baekhyun could only stare at him, then back to the others, confused and a little scared by the situation. 

He tried to remember if he ever saw this face on any of the pictures Luhan showed him. And he could find some similarities but he still looked different. He couldn't remember the name or where he was coming from but just so he won't make the man mad, he showed a smile and opened his mouth to talk. "Thank you," he whispered, leaving his mouth open like he's about to say his name, even if he had no idea. And he has no idea if he should really thank him since everyone seemed to be terrified. If it was their friend, they should've to look happier to see him, right? Baekhyun asked himself if maybe this was the person Sehun was talking with on the phone. Tall enough, with dark hair and a nice smile.

Baekhyun observed his body proportions and he could tell that the man is working out, taking care of himself. He was handsome, Baekhyun thought. 

He opened his mouth again. "Thank you," he repeats himself, still trying to remember the name of the man with a voice like...honey. And he was saved by one of the men behind him while Sehun was busy locking the front door. 

"Yixing, what are you doing here?", Junmyeon started to laugh, standing up to give the man a tight hug, like it's been a really long time since last time they saw each other.

"We thought you're in Chi-" the same man starts but the guest cut him, shaking his head and hand. 

"I was. But I finished everything earlier so I can get here. I just landed", he explains, looking back at the younger male in front of him. "I wanted to celebrate Baekhyun's birthday together since I couldn't come to see him sooner. 

His smile was, indeed, addicted. So hard to forget, in a duet with his soft voice that light up the whole apartment. He just came and cut the tension. Now, Baekhyun could be relieved and hug the man back, so he won't feel bad. 

"Welcome, Yi-Yixing? Sorry for earlier, I still have some problems remembering names, faces and...anything in general", Baekhyun explained with a short chuckle that made everyone smile while the other in comforting him.

"Don't worry, they told me. It's good to have you back. Just so you know, I'm the friend you'll see only a few times a year", he adds in the end, letting out a short sigh. 
"Yixing is working and mostly living in China. So he's here only when he's free or in business trips", Minseok, the cat-eyed man explained as he shakes his hand. 

Baekhyun remembered now Luhan mentioning about their friend who works in another country. He thought it was a nice surprise, to come here all the way from China to see him on his birthday. And looking at the other's faces, he could tell this wasn't the person who scared them earlier, the one who was talking with Sehun. 

"What's with the long faces, once again?" the man softly laughed, breaking the trance Baekhyun fell into. He looked again around him and Luhan was still petrified, looking to the hallway then at Yixing with scared eyes. He cleared his throat before standing up and showed him a smile. 

"Come, let's give you some cake", he murmured with a smile, taking the man with him to the kitchen, leaving Baekhyun and the others in the living room to continue their movie, even if no one paid attention to the screen until then.

Now that the new guest came, the whole atmosphere changed. The men were more talkative, talking with Baekhyun and asking him about things he wants to do or about their jobs. 

It's like he came and saved the whole mood of the party that was slowly dying. Everyone seemed to forget what happened earlier, now focused on something else. Everyone, except for Baekhyun who was still confused about...everything. Why was everyone so scared when he talked? Why did the man on the phone knew him and if he does, why he's not here to celebrate? He had so many questions but yet, he didn't want to ask them out loud so his brother won't get mad at him. That or so he won't hear him lying again, as he did so many times before. Baekhyun already knew when his brother was saying the truth or when he's lying. Before a lie, he'd always look away and clear his throat. Then, he'd show a smile and change the subject. 

And Baekhyun asked himself why his brother got to lie to him almost every single day now. 

-

-

Daily updates until next week :)