Isa Lang (Only One)

Isa Lang (Only One) - Haesoo AU
FICTION. DO NOT READ IF YOU'RE A HATER ♥️🤍♥️
Against The World

Haein opened his eyes as the pilot announced that they're now landing in a few minutes. He looked outside of his side window and looked down. He can now see the land where he was born.
He immediately opened his phone when they landed. It took a while to boot in but he eventually made it.
No messages from her.
Haein did not know if that's a good thing or not. They last talked before he left for Hawaii and she asked for something that had held him in cutthroat. Made him almost not go to Hawaii for his photoshoot. But her argument was valid.
They need time away from each other to figure where they are headed.
He knew where, what, and specifically who he wants. But she... she have lots of places to go. And he can't blame her. Her life will shine brighter. Either he's with her or not.
His heart was in full chaos the whole time. But today, he will get his answers.
No matter, Haein knew he will support whatever her decision will be.
They started off as co-workers, eventually became friend, until it is now more than friends. Will Jisoo take a step forward towards him or step back...
"Haein, where do you want me to take you?" his manager asked as they get off the plane.
"Hmm..." Thinking of where he is going now.
Should he go to his house? Or go home to her?
He looked at his phone again. Still no messages. The no new notification from her is bumming him out. He opened the group chat with the other Snowdrop family. They're discussing the upcoming brand event on Saturday.
He smiled. Yes, she will slay that event. The event is her, in the first place. He's invited but he's still thinking if he should attend. He cut short his trip for this sole reason.
"Haein?" his manager asked him again. "Where?"
"Are there press outside?"
"Yes."
He looked at his phone again, still nothing. He's about to give up but his phone vibrated. He looked down. And smiled.
She did not messaged. But she's calling now.
Holding his breath, he answered. "Hi..."
"Hello," her husky voice responded. She breathe out, and he swore he can imagine her smiling now. "You're back..."
Or maybe he's just in delusion right now, because he's been missing her for days now. "I'm back, Jisoo-ya."
Jisoo cleared her throat. "They sent out the invitations."
"I saw the gc."
"Ah..." Jisoo laughs tickled his ear. "Are you going?"
"Maybe," he answered. "Maybe not."
"Oppa..."
"Where're you now?" he asked. "You must be busy. Don't forget to eat and drink water. Take your vitamins, too."
"Yeah. How about you? How's your leg?"
"I'm okay. Don't worry about me."
His heart feeling light and at ease with her meledious voice. Feeling good hearing her after days of drought, he's in oasis now. What more could he asked for? He's a man in love. Just a phone call can make him a happy.
"I should not take your time. I know you're busy preparing for Saturday," he said.
"Yeah..."
They did not talk for few seconds. It was not uncomfortable, just taking in the moment where they're connected through lines.
Haein manager gestured him to follow him out now. He sighed.
"Jisoo-ya--"
"Haein-oppa--"
He stopped. Ah, her voice. "Yeah?"
"I-Nothing... I'll see you..."
"Yes, see you." Soon? Whenever? Maybe next Saturday, Jisoo?
He did not know who cut off the line. But he felt like he's okay now whether she take the chance or not. Should he be contented like this? No. But he will wait just for her. Coz she's worth it
***

Haein pressed his password for his unit. He's leaning on his left side, since his right leg is still a little bit sore from his training for his next project. His trip to Hawaii was not enough, but at least it's manageable now.
When he stepped inside, he stopped and dropped his Dior bag on beside his leg.
His eyes on her back. Oh, he knew her back. He knew instantly it's her. His whole apartment filled with her Dior blooming bouquet.
Jisoo stood and looked at him. She smiled, her eyes a little bit teary. But her smile is what he's been looking forward to see again all this time.
"Welcome home, oppa," she said.

-The End-

FICTION. DO NOT READ IF YOU'RE A HATER ♥️🤍♥️