Binibini

Binibini - Haesoo
Whirldwind Romance
"Ji, sama ka mamaya sa inuman? It'll be fun, I promise!"
Iyon ang pangako sa kanya ni Shinhye. And her friend left her even before they can ge their bottle of beer.
Jisoo is now standing in the middle of the crowd, a beer on her hand, alone. She smiled to herself before tipping back her beer and drinking the remaining liquid, burning the back of her throat with its foamy and bitter taste.
Alam niyang nasa paligid lang ang ibang mga kaibigan niya, kasama ang kani-kanilang boyfriend. While she's always left alone in the middle of the dance floor.
Jisoo decided it's time to go home after one beer. She drank it in no time and the alcohol started kicking in. She's a lightweight pa naman.
"Ji!" narinig niyang sigaw ni Hyeyoon somewhere nang paalis na sana siya.
Nakita niya ang kaibigan na palapit. May hawak din itong baso ng shot glass at vodka bottle sa kabila.
"Hi!" bati niya rito saka kumaway. "Bye, bye! I need to go--"
"Wait!" Hyeyoon giggled at her. "Why the rush? I want you to meet someone muna."
Hindi naman niya puwedeng sabihin na bored na siya and she wants to go home to rest and sleep early. Siya na naman ang manang ng barkada.
Jisoo let Hyeyoon dragged her at the far end of the bar. It was a lot quieter there and people are basically just hanging out.
They stopped at one group. Hyeyoon shoved her in front of someone.
"Here's my dare. Bring my single friend to meet the single guy here--wooh!" Hyeyoon took the shot from her bottle before shoving her to someone.
Napahawak siya sa braso na sumalo sa kanya dahil sa ginawa ni Hyeyoon.
"Jisoo meet Haein. Haein meet Jisoo."
***
Their first meeting was nothing extraordinary. Awkward pa nga dahil sa biglang pagtulak sa kanya ni Hyeyoon sa bisig ni Haein.
But Jisoo stayed on that bar, that Friday night, because of him.
They spent the whole night, in the middle of chaos of drunk people in the dance floor, talking and discussing like they were in a library. Nagbubulungan, nagtatawanan sa walang katuturan na bagay, at nagtatalo sa mga topic na hindi mapagkasunduan.
Before the night ends, Jisoo swore she knew almost half of his life. Her voice hoarse from talking nonstop and laughing with him.
"This is nice," sabi ni Haein habang pinagmamasdan ang kamay niyang hawak nito.
She put her chin on her palm propped on the table and looked at him. "What's so nice about my hand?"
"It's nice how it fits perfectly to mine," he said and from checking her fingers height, he slide his fingers in between to clasped on it and effectively caging her hand to his.
Jisoo bit her lower lip and looked at him in the eye. Nakatingin din sa kanya si Haein, with a small smile on his lips.
"Kung nasa panahon lang tayo ng mama ko, this automatically means marriage," wika niya.
Sa halip na ma-awkward-an tulad ng ibang lalaki, tumawa lang ito at mas lalong hinigpitan ang hawak sa mga kamay niya.
"Then, let me meet your parents tomorrow."
"Gago. Ayoko nga," she pouted.
"Sige, ikaw na lang ipapakilala ko sa pamilya ko."
Sa isiping isang usapang lasing lang ito, ngumiti si Jisoo saka tumango.
"Then, how would you introduce me, Haein?" tanong niya rito.
"As my girlfriend," he said like it's just simple. Nagkibit-balikat pa ito. "What else?"
"Girlfriend? So, boyfriend kita?"
"Yeah? Ayaw mo ba? May magagalit ba?"
"Hmm... Okay lang naman. Wala naman."
"Then, this is okay?" he asked, his face a mere inches away, his voice low and his eyes hooded while staring at her lips.
Jisoo leaned in too. The noise around them got muted and all she can hear about is her heartbeat.
More than okay, she answered in her mind before closing the distance and pressing her lips against him.
***
"Where do you live?"
Umikot si Jisoo sa harap ni Haein.
"Bakit mo tinatanong?" nakataas ang isang kilay na tanong niya.
"Ihahatid kita."
"Alam mo ba ang sabi ng mama ko? Never trust a stranger asking where I live."
"But I'm your boyfriend now," he said.
"Hmm. If you can still remember tomorrow, yes you're my boyfriend."
"I will." He smirked. "Ipapakilala pa nga kita bukas sa pamilya ko, 'di ba?"
Humakbang siya palapit dito. Tumingala at tinitigan ito. Tapos umakyat ang mga kamay niya sa balikat hanggang sa ipagsalikop niya ang mga ito sa batok nito.
"Ano'ng iniisip mo?" tanong nito.
"You. I'm thinking of you," sagot niya.
Haein's hands came to clasp on her waist.
"This is insane, Jisoo," wika nito. "Push me away if you also think so."
Sa halip na gawin ay tumingkayad pa siya para muling abutin ang mga labi nito.
Haein met her lips half-way. She smiled against him and melted as he dipped his head to kiss her fully. Her thought flying away and focusing on the lips slowly moving against hers. Such a sweet lips.
***
"This is so good," Jisoo groaned after she took a bite of her burger.
"Hindi ka kumain bago uminom kanina?" tanong ni Haein.
"I forgot about eating earlier," sagot naman niya.
"Dahan-dahan..." Haein wiped away the sauce that spread on her chin.
She smiled cheekily at Haein. "Basically, ito ang first date natin, Haein."
Tinaasan siya nito ng kilay. "Cheap for a first date, girlfriend?"
"Not so bad first date, actually, boyfriend," sagot niya saka dinampot ang over with sugar hot chocolate.
It was too sweet, but the guy beside her made it bearable. And made this first date the most memorable one.
***