Ligaya

Ligaya *Joy* (Haesoo)

FADE IN CAMERA SCREEN FILMING.

INT. PHOTOBOOTH - DIM

CLOSE SPACE PHOTOBOOTH WITH A CAMERA RECORDER IN FRONT. JISOO SITTING ON THE SMALL SPACE, LOOKING AROUND, AND SMILING AT THE CAMERA.

JISOO:

(Calmly)

Hi…?

(Laughs)

Hello, everyone. This is JISOO. I played Eun Youngro in Snowdrop. Today, I have a solo task of talking with you–ALONE. Let me open the task, okay?

JISOO OPENING THE PAPER AIRPLANE PROVIDED AND READING WHAT’S WRITTEN.

JISOO:

Okay, here’s my task today… What, where, and who I am in ten years from now on? Give these answers as the thirty old year old Eun Youngro and the thirty seven year old JISOO.

(Eyes wide, looks at the camera, eyes twinkling.)

Uhh, this is interesting. I’ll give my message to Eun Youngro first.

JISOO CLEARED HER THROAT, SIT PROPERLY, FOLDED HER HAND ON HER LAP, AND LOOKS DIRECTLY AT THE CAMERA.

JISOO:

Eun Youngro, you’re thirty right now. You’re one of the strongest women I came across with and I’m happy I played your part in this drama. I learned so much from you. In an alternate universe, I hope you continue on living. I hope you’ve achieved all of your plans and dreams. I hope you find happiness in some ways. At thirty, you’ll think about if you’ve achieved enough or were you lived enough for his sacrifices… but know that the 20 year old Eun Youngro now will be proud of you.

(Stop, blink twice.)

The pain and heart aches will still linger even though ten years have passed. It will linger for a long time. What ifs kept you awake, delusions made you doubt your sanity, and it’ll be hard to love again. But I hope you tried to love again. You have new people you trusted will not leave you again. And you have a new family besides you now.

(Nervous laughs. Misty eyes.)

Or maybe you stayed single, I don’t know. I just knew that you’ll not give up on the one thing he fought so hard for. And that’s your life.

(Giddy laughs.)

That’s all for Eun Youngro.

JISOO STANDS AND PEEK AT THE CURTAIN. MUFFLED VOICES WERE HEARD AND A MALE VOICE SIFT THROUGH.

MALE VOICE: 

(TRANSCRIBER GUESS IS HAEIN.)

Are you crying? Why are you crying? What’s going on there?

JISOO:

No, I’m not! Tissue please?

MALE VOICE:
Why’re they making you cry?

JISOO:
O

ppa, I’m not crying, okay? Will you relax and sit down faraway, okay? I don’t want you to hear what I’m saying here.

MALE VOICE:

Why do we have to do this separately? I can tell anything right now. It’ll be much better–

JISOO:

That’s why, so shut up, oppa.

MALE VOICE:

Ouch. Love you too, I guess?

JISOO CLOSES THE CURTAIN TIGHTLY AND SIT DOWN. NO INDICATION OF CRYING, BUT NOSE IS READ. SHE SIP ON HER ICED COFFEE BEFORE SMILING BACK AT THE CAMERA.

JISOO:

Okay, for the thirty seven year old JISOO. This’ll be hard… I honestly don’t know what I want to tell my future self…

(Look away for a moment and ponder.)

I hope in ten years I already have done the things I really wanted to do, I’m living the life I wanted, and I don’t have these doubts and uncertainties in life anymore. Maybe I already figured out the life I wanted.

(Cross her legs, and tap her knees.)

If I look back to this video ten years from now, wherever JISOO will be, I want to say that I’m proud of whatever you have achieved…

JISOO STOPS AND LOOKS AROUND THE BOOTH. SHE BIT HER LOWER LIP BEFORE LEANING FORWARD AND WHISPERING AT THE CAMERA.

JISOO:

Wait, nobody will see this video right? Not for ten years at least? Okay, this message is for Kim Jisoo.

(Points at the camera and looks straight.)

Kim Jisoo of 2032, if things went well with you and life gave you a chance to start a family, I hope you remember the gentle and kind man outside. You met him formally last 2020, started working with him, got to know him well, and started to fall in love with him… He may not know yet in early 2022 but that is because you have reservations. He confessed but you can’t. Things are unfair right now, but in ten years–it’ll make sense right? Why do you choose to hide your feelings and wait? It’ll make sense, Kim Jisoo. Just wait.

(Smile softly at the camera.)

It’s impossible now. But I hope it’ll be in the future. Given that we’re the alternate universe, we can give that happy ending for Youngro and Sooho-ssi.

JISOO LEANS BACK AND LOOKS PROUDLY. HER SHOULDER RELAX AND A HAPPY SMILE ON HER LIPS.

JISOO:

Will he be still by my side in ten years? I don’t know. Maybe. I hope so.

JISOO PICKS UP THE ICED COFFEE AND DRINK.

CAMERA STATIC.

FADE OUT.

PRODUCER’S NOTE: DELETE THE RECORDING.

JANUARY 2032

MAIL DELIVERED.

ADDRESS: JUNG HAEIN RESIDENCE

RECEIVED BY: KIM JISOO

To be continued.