Habang Buhay

Habang Buhay (Haesoo)
More than Friends

Haein felt his back aching, his waist at its numbness state, and his leg that has been bothering for months—well, let’s just say is one pain in the ass right now.

He looked at his watch, now at almost 3am. It can be considered an early pack up.

He walked—or waddled—inside his apartment. Forced himself to walk inside his bedroom instead of crashing on his couch and get under the shower to wash away the dirt and the sweat sticking on his skin.

He enjoy his work. Might as well say, he’s good at it. But it’s taking its toll on his body. He’s considering of taking a break and maybe going back to romance for a few more times…

Wishful thinking for a guy who had rolled, punched, and kicked numerous times today but his energy will be back after a few hours of sleep. He effing love what he’s doing.

He’ll just drink his vitamins, visit his doctors again, and probably take a long vacation after.

Shower done and his muscles soreness in temperamental level enough for him not to groan in every step he takes, he went out of his bedroom and grabbed one can of beer on his fridge. He should not drink. But today’s a cheat day, he decided.

As he drink, he took out his phone. Aside from thousands of notifications, he doesn’t have any important messages he needs to note.

No messages from her, too, he thought as he gulped the beer down his throat. “Wow, that’s refreshing…” Fatigue miraculously flying away.

He contemplated what to do. Should he go to sleep or send her one of his goofy jokes just so he can make her smile in the morning? Or maybe it’ll disturb her if she’s still awake and working?

Is it okay to call her to hear her voice? Because it’s been a while since he last saw her and the distance is killing him. But she’s busy and he understand that.

He and Jisoo are threading in a very thin road right now. He’s unsure of their status in each others lives.

For him, she’s more than just a friend. She’s his confidante, a warm spring of sunshine and joy in his life. The person who gave him a new perspective in life.

He doesn’t know what she feels for him right now. But she got his loyalty and he will always be there for her. May it be something more than friends—bless his hopeful heart—or just a friend for life.

Haein rubbed the heel of his palm on his chest, directly above his heart when it squeezed at the thought of they’re just remaining friends.

He’s in deep thought when he felt someone on his main door.

Shuffling, stop, and more shuffling.

With a knotted forehead, he went and peaked on his peephole.

A woman, black hair safely tucked inside the hood she’s wearing, her face covered with a black face mask, and wearing a black tee inside the big jacket stood just outside. Her eyes darting back and forth in the hallway.

He wrenched the door open and she did not even jump. Just looked at him with those beautiful eyes. He’s about to say something when she pushed him back inside and slammed his door close.

“Why are you not texting me?” Jisoo demanded as soon as she removed her face mask. Her eyes glaring at him.

He should be afraid but he found himself smiling down at her. “Hi, Jisoo-ya.”

She rolled her eyes but the small hint of smile tugging her pretty, pretty lips betrayed the nonchalant act. “I was waiting for your message, oppa.”