Dandelions

Dandelions - Haesoo
"Courage"

_____

"Dude, where are you?"
Haein adjusted his helmet when Minkyu's voice rang on the headset. He looked at the traffic lights, he still have at least 120 seconds. He put down one of his leg to balance his big bike.
"I told you, you cannot be late today, dude," his friend added.
"Your party will do just fine, Minkyu even if I'm late," he said.
"Are you crazy? This is your birthday party, dude."
He chuckled a little bit. "Thank you for the party, Miguel."
His friend grunted. "I'll appreciate that thank you if you're here now."
"I'm almost there," he said. He looked at the traffic lights again, 70 seconds.
"Come here faster or else all the girls will throw me their cups for not having the birthday boy."
He was about to say something but his eyes caught the attention of the car that stopped beside him.
As if his whole world took an unexpected turn, everything around him turned into slow motion. And all of his attention shifted to the woman sitting behind the wheels beside his big bike.
She's driving an old SUV car, she got her window down, and her elbow propped on her side. And she's singing loudly alongside with the song playing on her radio.
"Haein? Are you still there?"
He put up the visor of his helmet. "This girl beside me is super cute, I'm seriously gonna ask her number."
"What? Hey! Are you crazy--"
He immediately get off of his bike. He only have less than 50 seconds to talk to her. His heart beating loudly on his chest, his pride could get crushed after this but he doesn't care, and his heart on his throat packed with courage.
"Hi, I thought you're really beautiful, can I get your number?" he said in one go.
The woman looked at her in confusion then she laughed out loud.
"Shut up!" she said between laughters. "Bye!"
"No?" he asked almost out of breath because of the beauty before him and her blatant rejection.
Okay, what else can he expect? But she just laughs once again.
"Can I?" he asked again, a little hopeful.
"Sure," she said this time, biting her lips in a teasing manner. "You can get my number."
He swore he can see his future with this girl before him. What the hell...
"Really?"
"Do you wanna get married?"
"You want to get married?"
"We're getting married." She's laughing her heart out again. "Do you want to have kids?"
"We're having babies?" he asked, his face was about to be torn into two from smiling so hard.
"Yeah!"
Haein knew this girl is just tripping him but he ain't letting go. Less than 10 seconds, he pointed at the nearest coffee shop.
"I'll meet you there?"
"Uhh, you're serious?"
"Hell yeah."
At the side of his helmet, he can hear Minkyu's endless profanities. He doesn't care, even the angry honks of the other cars.
"Just one coffee."
She looked at him again. "Just one coffee?"
"Yes, future mother of my babies."
She laughed again. "It's Jisoo."
He smiled cheekily. "Nice to meet you, Mrs. Haein Jung."
***
"You're crazy, Jisoo. What the fuck?"
Jisoo just laughed and smiled at her sister who is currently giving her an earful about her out of the blue, spontaneous, and handsome boyfriend.
"Did you really just met him early this week? And you really brought him home to meet our parents?" Jennie asked.
"Yes. I can't believe it either." She looked at Haein who is with her father, talking about his work. "I barely know him but...at the same time, I knew I'm safe whenever I'm with him."
"You're crazy..." Jennie looked at where she's looking too, and sighed. "But did you really asked him to get married and have babies?"
She put her hands up. "In my defense, I thought he was just kidding when he asked for my number."
"Good. He knows you're crazy and he accepted that. He can't blame mama and papa later if something went wrong between you two."
"He's crazy, too, Jen." She smirked at her sister. "Crazily in love with me."
"Gaah!" Jennie acted like she had goosebumps.
Jisoo just chuckled and stared at Haein again.
She did not know how he really looks like when he asked her. And was surprised to see a very handsome man when he took off his helmet. But what shook her more is how well-mannered, gentleman, and kind he is in the past week she agreed to be his 'girlfriend' albeit their initial agreeent of her being the 'future mother of his babies'.
Haein's eyes fluttered towards her direction. He smiled and the warmth on his eyes and how his face softened, did something on her heart.
He took courage on approaching her. And she trusted her instinct on agreeing to meet him at the nearest coffee shop that day. And maybe, the courage and braveness are enough to make this out of the blue relationship work.