Give Me Your Forever

Give Me Your Forever (Haesoo)
First Kiss

Haein kicked the lone stone near him as he surveyed the area where he is expecting to see her. In a matter of minute, she came out with some of her friends. They were talking and laughing, her laughs the loudest of them all. That made him smile.

He pushed himself off from the side of the building and walked towards them—her.

“Hey,” he greeted. Nodded at her friends who all snickered at him. He did not mind them and just looked at her. “Ready to go home?”

“Yeah,” she said with a smile and hooked her hand on his arm. “Bye, girls!”

He did not mind the snide remarks of being her best friend, how convenient it is to have someone to pick her up, or how jealous of them on their friendship.

“You hang out with people with questionnable characters,” he said as they walked home together.

Jisoo swung around and walked backwards. He instantly reached out for her hand to guide her.

“They keep me company,” she said with a shrugged.

“They’re also snarky.”

She giggled. “They’re just jealous.”

“Of?”

She just smiled at him again. Giving him one of those mysterious smile that he bet someday will make him drop to his knees.

Because how hard can it be to be one sidedly in love with your best friend?

***

“Cowardly won’t give you a girlfriend, Haein. What are you waiting for? Girls are lining up to have you, man.”

He did not looked at his friend. He just narrowed his eyes at the other side of the road. His gaze not leaving the couple talking—flirting on his own opinion—like they’re plotting something. It irks him to see the guy touching her arms or her hand.

“Girlfriends are not to be taken lightly,” he said under his breath. “If I have to have one, she’ll be my forever.”

Minkyu smirked and tapped his back hard. “And you already decided who is your forever?”

He glowered before forcing himself to look away. Jisoo seemed to enjoy that guy’s attention. Who is he to be jealous? But heck, he’s jealous as hell.

“If only you can be a man to confess, you can treat her better than flirting with her in an alleyway.”

“Shut up,” he said more to himself than his friend. To keep his mind in line. He doesn’t have a right to be jealous because he’s just a friend of hers.

The following nights, he realized that he should have pulled her away from him that day as he watched her cry because of his stupid lies.

He vowed that he will always stay by her side forever.

“You promised?” She asked with tears running down her cheeks.

He cupped her face, wiped away the tears, and kissed her cheeks. His lips lingering on her skin. He felt her pulse beat harder on the tips of his fingers near her neck.

So he made a move. He whispered, “I wish you’re mine, Jisoo.” Then he pressed his lips against her soft, wet, and cupid bow lips.

Haein was expecting her to pushed him away, but Jisoo leaned forward. Her hand clutching on his t-shirt, her fingernails digging on his skin, her lips eagerly slanted to give him better access.

The relief and love overtook his feelings, it’s like a dream come true.

The kiss was sweet, innocent, and full of love.

***

His knees shook as he looked at the red carpet, his eyes trailed at the aisle of the church. The blinding light almost made him close his eyes when the door opened.

While the most beautiful woman slowly walked towards him, all he can think about is how much he loves her, how much he needs her to his life, and how much he prayed for this day to happen.

Tears fell from his eyes as she smiled at him, her eyes not leaving his. When she reached him, he gently kissed the back of her hand.

“I love you the most, Jisoo,” he murmured to her ear.

Jisoo looked at him, with the same love. Her hand also gently caressed the side of his face.

“You’re the one, Haein. I love you the most.”

He held her hand, faced the altar together, and that’s the start of the new chapter of their life.

***

Haein kissed his wife’s wrinkled forehead. His dry lips quivered as he slowly move away to look at her eyes.

His same old wrinkled hand, reached to gently brush her white hair away from her forehead.

“Still...beautiful,” he managed to whisper.

Jisoo smiled, albeit it was hard for her to do so because even breathing is making her whole body ache.

“I-I’m tired...”

“Let’s sleep together...?” He asked moving, so painfully slow, to lay beside her.

“H-Haein...”

His lips on top of her head, his arms around her fragile body, and they’re surrounded by monitors connected to her body.

“Do you remember when...”

The whole night, he whispered all their memories together. All the happy moments since the day they met.

And before the new day starts, he kissed her one last time. His tears running down on his cheek.

“Thank you for giving me your forever, Jisoo.”

He closed his eyes and laid peacefully beside his wife’s still beautiful body.

-The End-