Chapter 17

Napayuko ako nung malakas na namang tinampal ni daddy ang lamesa. Gusto kong mag-angat ng tingin at mangatwiran pero walang salitang gustong lumabas sa bibig ko.

I wanted to reason out but chose not to because just like him, I'm not still done blaming myself.

It's really my fault wide and clear!

"For godness sake you're being unreasonable, inconsiderate, disappointment man... Agian!" He shouted, furiously. "I didn't give this goddamn organization to your keepings just to ruin it's dignity and reputation!"

"This organization is unknown for a very long time now and it 'must' stay that way no matter what!" He added, emphasizing the word 'must'.

"How can you be so easy to ransack? It's as if, this base of yours aren't heavily protected! Na napakadali lang para sa kanila ang makapasok dito sa teritoryo mo! Anong silbi niyang mga high end devices na nakakabit sa buong paligid kung ganitong nananakawan at may nakakapasok na iba!? Or, it's just your recklessness that takes place!?"

Iiling-iling na napa-upo siya sa swivel chair at naramdaman ko ang masama niyang tingin sakin.

"I'm s—sorry dad, I'll take full responsibility for this! Give me enough time and I'll fix this!" I said in a monotone. I lifted my gaze and face him straight.

"Of course! You're the one responsible of this! You're the one to blame!" Malakas at madiin niyang sagot.

"For christ sake! When will you grow up and learn from your mistakes?" He ask, making me a bit dumbfounded but I still managed to faced him. "Why is it that you had a habit of disappointing me? Why don't you focus and make me proud?"

"Why don't you imitate your cousins? Why don't you imit Eleven who's busy taking care of his sister as well as his duty. Four, who's responsible to his actions and safety of his mens. Thirteen, who's dealing with his loved one's but still manage to look over his job. Two, who's working abroad. Seven who's doing his job's right. And Eight who's literally fighting the left tráile's. To make the long story short, they are all responsible in their actions! Why don't you just simply follow them?"

"Dahil kung dumating ang pagkakataon na nangyari ang hindi dapat, at nailatad tayo sa lahat! Tandaan mong ikaw ang responsable kung bumagsak ang matagal na nating iniingatang organisasyon!"

I swallowed the lamp in my throat. I kinda felt hurt by his words and being compared to my cousin's but I just shrugged it off. Nakatayo ako sa harapan niya at tahimik na tinanggap lahat ng mga sinabi niya. Sinalubong niya ang tingin ko pero masyadong mabigat ang paraan niya ng paninitig na napaiwas ako ng tingin.

I was about to say something, to at least defend myself but I stop halfway. He stood up fixing his necktie. He went straight to the door. Here I thought he was already done but turned out not.

He stop midway while holding the door handle. He look at me sideways with his emotionless face. I can't see any glint of mercy on it.

"Fix this!" He coldly said. "Fix everything! I don't want this to go far. Find those documents as soon as possible or else..." He suspensely stop.

I stared at his back as I wait what his about to add.

"I won't think twice to withdraw all your hard works! Hindi ako manghihinang na kunin sayo lahat ng mga pinaghirapan mo! Mula umpisa hanggang huli, maliit o, malaki! Lahat-lahat! I will take everything away from you until theirs nothing left! I swear in the name of your great grandfathers, mark my words Zero! So, you better fix this!" He said and finally turned his back, leaving me alone in my office.

I sigh heavily. Naihilamos ko ang dalawang palad sa mukha ko. Knowing daddy, his not kidding around! His fvcking serious and i bet my life, he will do what he have said to me. Tututohanin niya yun. I surely know, because he just called me by my codename he don't usually did.