Prologue

"Bro wait up!"

Five year old Dave Strider was chasing after his older bro, who had taken him to a park near their apartment.

Bro ran ahead of Dave, weaving his way through the crowd of people until he reached a small park bench near the fountain, soon to be caught up with Dave.

Dave climbed onto the bench next to his Bro and re-adjusted his shades.

"You alright there little man?" Bro laughed and ruffled Dave's hair.

"No.." Dave muttered his response staring at a small cluster of grass underneath the bench.

"You know. I saw an ice-cream place just over-"

"Ice-cream?!" Dave pulled his feet onto the bench and grabbed Bro's arm. "Can we get some?"

Bro laughed. "Let's go then." And stood up. Dave jumped off the bench landing on all fours laughing. Dave then noticed a small daisy under the seat and began to grab for it.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Bro knelt down beside him.

"There's a flower back there.." He had almost grabbed it.

As Dave grabbed the stem of the small flower, it slowly wilted before catching fire and burning. Dave gasped and pulled back immediately.

Bro stared at the burning flower in shock. "goddammit" he muttered and grabbed Dave's hand and pulled him away from the growing fire. "Let's go." He said to Dave as people began to scream and Dial 911 to call for help.

"Bro..." Dave whisperer as they left the park. "Did I do that?"