Chapter 5

Dave opened the door to the science lad, a class he was dreading. Thankfully, Rose had saved him a seat beside her. "Hey." Dave muttered under his breathe as he sat beside her. "Nervous?" She had all her books organised perfectly on the desk. "Is it that obvious? What if I have an ...incident..." The teacher walked into the room and began the class. "Dave don't worry, you haven't had an 'incident' in over two years, plus i doubt we'll be using Bunsen's today anyways." Rose smiled lightly at him to try and comfort him.

"Alright everyone I know it's the first day but to get everyone into the swing of things we're just going to work on the basics." The teacher began writing up an experiment on the whiteboard.

"Oh god..." Dave put his head down, not daring to look up to see the equipment needed. Rose had stood up to gather everything.

Dave raised his head to look around, avoiding the board at all costs. Sitting across from him was the black haired boy he had seen earlier. He looked quite uninterested in the experiment and had his eyes fixed on a book.

"Dave who are you staring at?" Rose whispered into his ear, making him jump. "Jesus Rose you can't sneak up on a guy like that!" He regained his posture. "And I wasn't staring at anyone." He muttered under his breath. Dave's face fell when he saw the Bunsen on the table. "Uh... Rose..." "You'll be fine Dave, trust me." She connected it to the gas.

Dave was scared as she turned on the flame. "What's the matter Dave scared of a little fire." Dave cringed. He knew exactly who was talking. He turned to the obnoxious blonde sitting across from him. "What the fuck do you want Vriska?"

Vriska smirked at him. "I can tell you're scared. It's written all over your face." She laughed. "Just ignore her Dave." Rose whispered to him. "She's just trying to get a rise out of you." "I know, it's working." He turned from her, trying his best to ignore her for the rest of the lessen.

Thankfully Vriska had shut up after that for a majority of the class, and Dave had gotten through most of the class without anything happening. That was until it came to stirring whatever liquid was bubbling in the beaker above the Bunsen, Dave hadn't really been paying attention to what the teacher was saying. "Dave you need to stir the liquid while I-" "Yeah sure." He cut her off and reached for the stick.

"Be careful not to burn yourself Dave. Wouldn't that be a nightmare." Vriska laughed again. "Would you ever shut up." He slammed his hand down on the table. Rose screamed. The flame on the Bunsen had grown dramatically and had engulfed the beaker entirely.

"Oh my god!" The teacher ran down to them as the smoke alarm went off. "How did this happen?" She asked as when she had put out the fire and turned off the gas. "I had messed with the Bunsen Mrs Humphry, I didn't think the flame was big enough, I guess i got a bit ahead of myself." Rose replied to her immediately. "Make sure you don't tamper with it again Ms Lalonde. Are you hurt?"

"No, I'm alright." Rose half smiled looking over at Dave, who looked terrified. "And are you okay Mr Strider?" "Y-yeah. Just a bit startled." Mrs Humphry nodded. "Alright. If you want you can both sit out on the experiment." She walked back up to the top of the class.

"Rose I am so sorry."