Chapter 17

Meow

Dave woke up to morning. He didn't remember when he fell asleep, but he'd woken up to a...cat? He must have dreamt it.

Dave looked over to John, who was leaning on his shoulder, also sleeping. Dave considered moving, or even waking him up, but decided not to. He didn't want to be mean.

Meow

This time John woke up, sat up and rubbed his eyes without even realising he had fallen asleep on Dave's shoulder. "Hey, sorry." John said sleepily to Dave. "I must have nodded off, what time is it?"

Dave looked at his phone. "9 AM". At this, John sat upright. "What?!" Dave sat back more and felt something fuzzy by his ear, but decided to ignore it for the time being. "Yeah, we fell asleep."

"We left the tv on! Your living room's a mess and-" John stopped and looked at Dave, then beside Dave. "Dave. There's a cat by your ear."

"There's a what?" Dave looked to his side, and there it was. A brown cat sitting on the back of Dave's couch. "What the actual fuck."

"I didn't know you had a cat, Dave." John pet the cat's head. "I don't." The cat looked at Dave, Dave looked at the cat unamused.

The cat dropped down from the back of Dave's couch and curled up in John's lap. John began to pet it. "It doesn't have a collar."

"So?" Dave leant against the couch's armrest. "How are we supposed to bring it back home. It can't stay here." The cat then sat up and looked at the table.

"I don't think my Bro likes cats."

"Dave that's not the point."

"Then what is the - hey!"

The cat had jumped off John's lap and taken one of Bro's mixtapes (absolute fire, take a listen) and started running for the open window. "Hey! Come back here!" Dave sprung off the couch after it but he was too late, the cat had gone out the window.

Dave turned to John. "We need to go after that cat." John just nodded and they both head out the front door, desperate to find that cat.