Chapter 32

Dave splayed face down on his bed having the biggest existential crisis of his life. Karkat came over for emotional support.

"So what happened again?" Karkat asked, half out of curiosity and half out of the need to torment the fuck out of Dave.

Dave explained everything to him and Karkat listened carefully, half smirking.

"So he kissed you?"

"NO! Well....Kind of!" You couldn't see it but Dave's face was getting redder by the second.

Karkat sat back in his chair, the front legs coming off the ground because he didn't fear falling back and cracking his head open.

"So what are you going to do about it?"

Dave hadn't thought about that, what would he do about it? It's not like he could act like nothing every happened could he? ....Could he?

"Dave? Dave!"

Dave snapped back to reality, seeing Karkat's very impatient face looking at him.

"What?"

"Were you even listening? Forget it, just don't be weird around him now." Karkat didn't look happy, but didn't say anymore. His phone buzzed.

"Shit, Kankri emailed me, sounds urgent. I really have to go Dave, but I'll talk to you later." He got up from the chair and left, leaving Dave alone with his thoughts.

Meow.

Mayor was sat on Dave's bed, looking at him for attention. Dave sat next to Mayor and started petting him.

Dave was alone with his thoughts. And Mayor. Not that Dave would complain about that.

Dave's phone lit up on his table. It was a text from John.