Chapter 8

Dave walked back to where Karkat and Kanaya were, Rose and Jade had joined them too.

"Dave where were you?"  Rose questioned him as he sat back down,  they all noticed his hand.

"I was in the bathroom."

"Dave what happened to your hand?!" Jade immediately pick up his hand to inspect it.

"I'm fine." He tried to take back his hand but Jade had a firm grip on it.

"He punched a mirror."

Dave turned. It was John. Was this the guy Jade was talking about?

"John! You're here!" Yup.
"I was looking everywhere for you!"

Rose glared at Dave. "You what?"  Dave gave her an 'I-swear-I'm-innocent-please-don't-hurt-me" type of smile.
"Dave you fucking idiot." Karkat muttered.

Jade and John sat down beside everyone, they all waited for Dave to explain what had happened. "You can't write with your hand like that." Rose said, obviously not impressed. "What will your brother say." "I'll tell him I got in a fight." "Dave that's a stupid idea!" Jade piped up.

Dave stood up again and began walking in the direction of the school building. "Dave where are you going now?" The other's calls echoed behind him but he wasn't listening. He knew Bro wouldn't believe that he got into a fight. Dave knew he would be made tell the truth.

Dave feared the disappointed and disgusted look Bro would give him once he found out.