Chapter 12

Karkat opened his front door.

"If we're quiet we won't get speech bombed." Karkat muttered to Dave as they walked into his house. "Is he even home?"

"He has a name Karkat. What are you doing home so late and who's this?" Kankri, Karkat's brother, suddenly appeared behind them, scaring Dave slightly.

"This is Dave. My friend."

"Oh so this is who you email all the time. You should really look into getting a phone Karkat it's much easier, and less lame."

"Oh burn." Dave muttered. Karkat elbowed him in the side.

"Dave I know you're new here so I'll just tell you now that I don't appreciate being interrupted and I'll hope you keep that in mind next time. And Karkat please stop with the violence it's very rude towards our guest. "

"Yeah yeah I'll keep that in mind we're gonna go upstairs now so night!" Karkat hurriedly pushed up the stairs.

"He's so annoying." Karkat closed his bedroom door.

"What? No you're brother's...informative."

Karkat scoffed.

"Hey Karkat. Can we skip school tomorrow? I don't really feel like going."

"Wait what." Karkat was shocked. "You want to skip school? Dude is this about the fight?"

"No." Dave laid down on the floor. "It's everything. I just don't feel up for it."

"I'll skip with you then."

"Really?"

"You're my bro. Best bro. I'll stick with you." Karkat sat down next to him.

"Thanks man."

"No problem, shithead."

Dave hit Karkat with the pillow. "Language Karkat Vantas! Do you kiss your brother with that filthy mouth?!"

Karkat curled up as Dave attacked him with the pillow.

"Dave stop! Please!"

"Okay. We should go to sleep. What time is it?"

"Late." Karkat threw Dave a blanket.

"Night Karkat."

"Night Dave."