Chapter 11

"So uh, what was all the shouting about?"

Dave didn't answer, not wanting to bring up the fight.

"It's okay. We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." Karkat smiled slightly at Dave.

"Thanks." He muttered.

They walked in silence to the park. Karkat tried to make conversation but gave up, knowing Dave clearly wasn't in the mood to talk.

"Um hey...." Dave finally broke silence. "Do you think i could stay at your place tonight? Me and Bro, well uh, we had a fight."

"Oh shit yeah of course."

"Will your brother mind?"

"Ah fuck him he can get over it." Dave laughed at this.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah he can deal with it."

They entered the park gates. "So where are they?" The two boys looked around looking for their friends. "I don't know? They texted me saying they were here." Karkat looked at his phone.

Dave pulled an over dramatic gasp. "Did I hear this right? Is Karkat Vantas texting and not using the oh so reliable email. What the fuck has happened to the world."

Karkat went red. "Hey emails are actually pretty fucking useful! I mean they're free and quick!"

Dave was laughing. "So where are we meeting Rose and Jade?" Karkat nodded towards the fountain, where Rose and Jade sat on the edge. They were tossing coins into the water. Dave and Karkat strolled over to them and sat down.

They talked about many things, school, Dave's fight with Bro, tomorrow. It quickly became dark and Rose and Jade had to leave.

"You ready to leave?" Karkat had been unusually quiet that evening.

"Yeah let's go."