Chapter 31

John walked down the stairwell of Dave's apartment. He was lost in thought.

John shoved his hands into his pockets as he stepped outside, it was getting colder.

John felt the wind on his face, it was beautifully refreshing as he had now gone bright red. He kissed his crush....kind of.

Life hadn't been easy for him. John's mother does when he was still young. His father however did everything he could to keep his son happy, which could get overbearing sometimes.

John thought he didn't fit in in his old school. With his questionable movie interests and general dorky appearance not many wanted to befriend the young boy. It mostly led him face first into lockers.

It only got worse when he came out. They had to move when another student punched him in the face.

He met Jade on social media a few years ago. She was the first person he came out to.

John felt lucky to have her. Jade helped him through some shitty times and even suggested that he moved here after the incident at his old school.

Jade knew he liked Dave, John was thankful she didn't say anything.

John walked down the street. Flakes of snow fell all around him, some catching in his hair. Christmas was only a few weeks away, the new year around the corner, then collage exams in the summer.

John still had to decide what to do. He still had time to think.

As John passed a shop window he noticed a television in the background. The news was on.

John stopped in interest, he couldn't hear anything but a news crawler ran across the screen. The vote to pass the Super Human Bill had been moved to the end of the month.

John thought this was anything but good news.