Chapter 3

When the trio reached the school they were met by a very impatient Kanaya standing by the school gates. "I thought I told you all to hurry along. Since you all took so long though I believe we do not have as much time to 'catch up' from over the summer as I would have liked."

She was was wearing her classic red skirt with a jade green t-shirt. Her short brown hair falling slightly into her eyes. "Dave was late coming to the door." Rose explained. Dave just sighed. "I kept you waiting for a minute!" Rose rolled her eyes and Kanaya sighed in frustration, before turning back to Rose. "Rose, I almost forgot, I need to show you some clothes I have been working on over the summer." Kanaya said, leading Rose away from the group leaving Jade and Dave behind.

"So." Dave said, breaking the silence between the two. "Where's this John guy you were talking about?" Jade gasped. "I forgot about John!" She said franticly. "I need to go find him! Bye Dave!" She ran off, leaving Dave by himself. "Hey shit head!" Dave turned, knowing who had called out to him. It was Karkat.

"I was wondering when you'd show up." Dave said as Karkat walked up to him. "Yeah yeah whatever." Karkat spat his response. He was wearing his classic My Chemical Romance "The Black Parade" t-shirt, black jeans and white sole vans.

"So. What've you been up" Dave asked, leaning against the gate. "Why do you care?" He grumbled before looking down. "I ordered like six band shirts over the last week..." Karkat muttered making Dave laugh. "More band shirts?"

Dave and Karkat had been friends for about a year now. Karkat had moved to the school a few months into the school year. Dave quickly became his friend, felling sorry for him as he was being bullied because of his white hair. Eventually Karkat began talking to more people but even after making more friends, he and Dave stayed good friends.

"Shut up Strider! You wouldn't know good music if it hit you!" Dave was about to respond when Jade came running up to them. "Dave! Dave!" She almost fell over, if Dave hadn't caught her before hand. "Whoa Jade calm down!" Dave helped her steady herself before she began talking. "I found him!"

Karkat gave her a look. "Found who?" "John!" Jade looked around. "Oh... I've lost him again. I'll be right back!" And she ran off back in the same direction she came.