Act 3 - Scene 2: Rush Hour

Q

"I'm in the middle of business. This will have to wait." I sighed, getting frustrated.

My father was on the other end of the phone.

"See you later, bye." I hung up.

I ironed out my furrowed brows with my fingers. I took a deep breath before turning around to return to Holland.

Holland.. where was he? I spun around trying to spot him. Was he hiding?

I walked past the ice cream truck and then I saw a running man. He was running, why?

Chase him.
Call him.
I deciphered.

*Grrrr*

I jogged after him.

Will the lamb escape the lion.
No.
Is he faster than you?
No.

Hunt him, I smiled to myself. I couldn't help but quicken my pace. He is not yet ready to be hunted down.

"Holland!" I shouted after him.

He didn't hear me, causing me to run faster. Instead of yelling out his name when when I was near, I instinctively grabbed him by the shoulder. He spun round ferociously with a glumness to his face and a great look of panic.

"Where are you going? You left your bag." I handed him the bag I picked up from the bench.

"Th-thank you." He said, a little out of breath. We were now standing outside the Cuban shack place we entered before we went upstairs to the private venue.
"I have to go, there's been an emergency. Sorry I have no time to explain." He rushed about to depart from me.

I grabbed his hand, which from the looks of it shocked both of us. Every time our skin touches there's a spark, an undeniable spark.

Every moment with him felt unreal..
I've waited for so long.
I shook off the thought.
"Let me take you. It will be quicker than waiting to commute to wherever you're off to." I offered.

Truth was, I liked spending time in his presence. He was not exactly what I had expected. He was shy and innocent.
Oh the habits I will have installed for him..

"Uh I don't know." He had a look of distain.

"I thought it was an emergency?" I said seriously. If what he says is to be true he has no time to dilly dally.

"Fuck it! Come then let's go." He blurted out walking in the wrong direction. With his hand still remaining in mine, I pulled him towards the right direction like a parent would with a child.

He let out a small "Oh." Which was cute and therefore satisfied me. I let go of his hand to tap my smartwatch to notify my driver.

Another thing about Holland was that he was a unusual spirit. He was good at what he did professionally, but he was very much himself. He didn't always hold that sense of professionalism, he was emotive and naive.
He was different in every which way and he wasn't even claimed yet for me to feel him wholeheartedly. However, I won't be reckless with my introduction as that would cause him to flee away.
If he dares to run from me I will not hesitate to...

*Quinton shivers in response to his wandering thoughts*
...

We were in the SUV and Holland was on the phone, presumably, to a school.

I decided to mind my business and message Felix about tomorrow's set up. I had real meetings to attend to for tomorrow. Then I had to fly to fucking France. *eyeroll*

"Quinton, can you ask your driver to drop me to my local co-op instead of the postcode I told you. I need to get some things and I'll make my way home from there." He spoke assertively.
The tone was a surprise. He sounded frustrated and stern.

"We can wait for you-"

"No thank you. I don't want to waste anymore of your time." He smiled which coated his abrupt decline.

"Okay, no problem." I shrugged.

.

When we got to the destination Holland flew out the car and headed inside the small corner shop.  

He's not okay.
It's none of my business.

I sighed and got my driver to drop me to my parents house up north. I had some business to do there, according to my father.

Today was going to be a long day..