Chapter 38: Ignorance

Q

Mr Grant was the best man in the world! How he did it, I had no idea, but whatever he did worked. He kept my mother at bay.

When I returned home my mother was drinking champagne and laughing with Mr Grant. I knew he always had a soft spot in her heart, not that she'd ever admit it. I was reluctant to interrupt them, but my mother had crossed boundaries today. It was not okay!

"Antoinette." I called her by her first name, receiving a sharp glare from her.

I walked towards my office, hearing her clacking heels follow behind me quickly. I wanted to snap her neck, she disrespected me and my mate.

I took of my clothes so I was standing in my socks and boxers.

"Why are you stripping, you're not a toddler anymore." She said with a smile in her voice before shutting the door.

I allowed my bones to crack. The sounds of the large snaps made her jump and silence herself.

"Mother, this is serious. I am this close." I pinched my fingers together. "From disowning this family." I sighed. "What have you come here for? You have already caused trouble and I don't need the stress." I pinched the bridge of my nose before leaning onto a wall.

"Oh dear.. you still haven't accepted what you are, have you?" She said with a sad disappointment, looking over to my scabby wounds.

"I have actually, but I can't let it take control and become the best of me. The type of damage that would come from letting myself roam freely would be a danger." I shook my head.

My mother didn't believe my true nature would do more harm than good. She believed that I would be in a better position in life if I had trusted my inner self to roam freely. She was arrogant at the fact that she had birthed a demon that needed to be tamed. She failed to recognise the truth of my first crime, she denied it for so long that it became her guilted truth that it wasn't my fault.

"You need to find a wife!" She she threw herself at me.
"You need to bare children! You need to become-"

"I've found my mate." I stated bluntly to shut her up.

She gasped. "Terrific!" She said with excitement.

"But you wanted to disrespect him and I earlier today!" I growled and took her hands off me. She was trying to heal me, but I didn't want to heal quicker. I know I'd heal faster once I was bonded.

Her eyes almost fell out of her head. "I thought you was done with your freakish sexual fantasies!" She scoffed. "You cannot be mated with someone of the same sex! Even if it were possible, it's not for you! You are the head of the clan and the representative of the clans!" She screeched.

I growled, feeling my blood begin to boil.

"You won't tell father." I gritted between my teeth.

"Holy-"

She was interrupted by Mr Grant who knocked at the door.

"Sire, your iron soup is ready." He said before walking away.

The Masai were a tribe that I had treasured dearly. Their traditional ways have taught me a lot in my life. Instead of transforming to heal my wounds quickly I was able to eat certain things that sped up the process.

Marmae, a special paddled whip I had made for me in the Middle East, was not to be used on delicate skin. It's leather was the kind tamers would use to whip an elephant. It's hard stone-wooden paddle was the kind to knock out a charging bull. It also had sharp thorns on the whip covered in my cobras poisonous venom, this was to make the healing process slower than usual so I had time to reflect. It was a weapon of mastery, it was my precious gift and the only thing that was capable of taming me and my urges.

"So the boy is your mate?" My mother scrunched up her nose. I nodded.
"You could feast on him in one setting." She grumbled coldly.

"You are from a world where to call someone 'negro' is normal as old Latin defines what you mean. But you must understand that the identification in today's world and society is not okay! You had disrespected my mate and have pushed him away from me." I growled. I know how stubborn he's going to be.
"The term is ill and racist!" I gently punched the wall.

"What?!" Her eyes widened in shock. "I'm not racist! How can I be racist knowing what my own son is?!" She exasperated.

"It's colourist to call someone negro as it's interpreted as nigger." I wanted to wash my mouth out with soap.

"What?! But they're two different things!" She threw her hands in the air.

"Mummar!" I warned. I couldn't be asked to explain to her whys, dos and donts. I had explained enough.

"Fine!" She crossed her arms with slight confusion on her face.
"Well send him my apologies. I meant no offence." She sighed sympathetically.

"You can't tell father, promise me." I put on my clothes.

"I won't, I promise! He would never approve. I mean I don't, simply because he's human and a HE. How the hell are you going to reunite the clans without producing an heir!?" Her voice coated in worry.

"I will find a way to reunite the clans, don't worry." I sighed.

"I do worry, because they've gone ghost! If order can't remained balanced, because you don't want to continue your legacy, all is beyond disaster." She rubbed her forehead.

"Ugh..." I didn't want kids. I didn't want to give up on my mate. I didn't want to disrupt order as it was my duty to restore it in any which way.
"Anyways! What's this shit I hear about dad's brother being in the country?" I poured myself a glass of white nutty whiskey.

"Ah yes.." Her bright blue orbs darkened.
"This is what I came here for." She took a seat.
"He is back from China and wants your title. He has a secret army with him and has plans to tarnish you and your name. I found out from my reporters. I've heard a conspiracy from your sister and your father is keeping secrets. He's anxious and feels as though he can sort matters, but he's grown weak.. very weak." She reached over to my glass of whiskey and drank it herself. I was slightly surprised, because Mummar was not the type to drink these types of drinks.

"How did you get here?" I wondered since she had no heavy security.

"Magic." She laughed.

"Things are that bad?" I grabbed my chin and looked at a random corner.

If I thought my inner beast was bad it was an angel from the heavens in comparison to who my uncle was. He lived in the form of his beast and was glutton to expand his monstrous nature. He was my father's younger brother who was cursed by nature. I used to feel bad for him, because he didn't inherit as much as me or my father, but he threatened me once before. I had enough mercy to send him away, but it sounds like he has escaped that prison. That means he's been watching me and my every move.

Holland's in danger! Was the only thing that was passing my mind.

I stood up and left my office. I went to the kitchen to drink my ox blood soup.

"Time to hunt." I said to myself.

Call Chris!