Holland's Discovery

Q

All air sucked itself out of my lungs. Breathing suddenly became difficult.
My heart sounded as though it was the loudest drum as it travelled to form a knot in my throat. I was unable to speak.

Fuck.

"I want to get the fuck out of here!" His voice was fed up, empty and clear.

The frenzy in his expressions vanished as he rolled his eyes and looked elsewhere.

"But guess what?" He said with masked 'enlightenment'.

I just stared at him, honestly unsure of what to do.

"I know what it means to now be your MATE- Ahahahaha... it means I've truly been cursed in this life. I don't know why when I didn't choose to be here. Why did I ever trust the white man?" He frowned and looked down onto himself.

What does he mean? He shouldn't of trusted me because my skin is white?

"Im- I'm just trying to protect you." My words felt small and my mouth felt dry.

Holland picked his laptop up off of the floor. Why didn't Mr Grant keep the gadget hidden? I needed to contact specialists to secure our security. Why did Grant tell Holland?! I trust Grant with my life, he is my keeper, guardian and spiritual advisor besides being my butler, house watcher, chef, security, weapon's coach and royal servant.

"I shouldn't of accepted your cheque. I should have never agreed to meet with you at the theatre." He spat with venom, causing a pang to shake my heart's temperament.

He's most definitely distraught by his recent discovery, but surely he doesn't actually mean what he said. He feels a connection between us which is undeniable.

"You've manipulated me from the beginning and I don't know why. I was so stupid to let whatever it is between us slide and continue. I should've walked out as soon as you made me prisoner. You're fucking evil!" He raged, abruptly standing from the chair.

Walk out? As soon as I laid eyes on him, thirteen months ago, long before he discovered my company, he was mine. People like me have a gift to sense and feel who their compatible companions are, and with him it's powerful. His power to catch my attention was naturally unnatural. Natural, because as a boy I was aware- made aware of who and what I was, and in my isolated culture knowing the bond was a natural expectation. However, the way it happened and it's difficult circumstance is unfortunate. Finding your mate was definitely not the fairytale it was made out to be, but too bad.

"Have I hurt you?" I stepped closer to him, cautiously.

He was silent, focussing his attention on Grant.

"Holland, Baby, have I hurt you?" The lump in my throat pulled on strings that made my heart quiver.

I haven't hurt him have I? He thinks I'm evil- well that's debatable, because I'm nowhere near a saint. I have my reasons, my past and present attached to me, he must accept that, otherwise our relationship will detrimental.

"You're- you- you're not human." His voice began to shake.

"Please look at me." I felt pained by his expressions. I didn't want invade his space to scare him, I've had to scare a lot of people today already. I wanted him to look into my eyes with that glowing glint I often see when he looks at me.

He shook his head no, causing a sunken bitterness to cast a shadow over my already dampened mood.

"I love you."