Chapter 24: Getting With It

H

I had Quinton drop me back to the hotel after my phone call with CJ. CJ had important news to tell me and was waiting for me there.

Plus I had work to do...

"Why the rush to come back here, your friend was so welcoming?" Asked Paris.

"Because I need to sort this out." I pointed to our surroundings.
"It's all nice being around luxurious things, but our reality is this shit. If you want to live how Quinton is then we must earn it in life." I stated, walking into the hotel lobby.

"I get that, but why the rush to get back?"

"Because we're fucking homeless Paris and I have work to do! You have work to do as well. Since you're well enough to be cooking up and gardening you can do some serious studying whilst I work. I have not forgotten your exclusion and you mustn't forget that this isn't a holiday. You will study and do the best for your next exams." I gritted through my teeth, not wanting our business to reach the ears of others.

There was one man I noticed staring at me as we made our way to the bar, but I ignored it. CJ was at the bar.

"Holz and P!" He got up from the stool once he saw us approach.

We gave him a hug.

"How's it going." I smiled.

He was my closest friend besides being family.

"Our block has gotten hot for some reason and feds are snooping about. I think I'm being followed." He whispered.

"Come let's go upstairs." I sighed.

Truth was, we were alone. We were unprotected and it was a scary thought and feeling. I haven't explored much of life to find confidence in it.
~

"The bitch doesn't want to take a paternity test. She's being difficult about it." CJ huffed.

Paris and I laughed out loud, knowing this was stupidness.

"I doubt it's your kid then bro." Said Paris as she was studying through her English textbook.

"So the streets?" I asked, making myself a cup of tea before sitting back on my bed.

"Men in black have been patrolling the area. These aren't just normal feds, because when feds came sniffing even they backed off." He stated.

"Hmm..?" I was in deep thought.

"What the fuck is going on? It's like when we have drama everybody then has drama." Joked Paris.

"I don't business about everyone else." I tutted.
"So are you staying at yours?" I asked him.

He looked at me with a glum look. His eyes said 'no' and I left it as that. That meant he wasn't for whatever reason.

"Sofa surfing?" I mumbled and he shrugged, which meant yes. He was staying at home, which meant whatever was happening in the streets wasn't good right now.
"Fuck that." I got up from the bed and began pacing up and down.
"Stay here, we'll put money aside to afford 2-bedrooms in this hotel.." I thought, half sure about the idea.

"I'm just unsure about it as you are." He said pulling a facial expression with distain.
"Paris has school. You two should book a hotel outside the area. Eyes are on us, I can feel it, that's why we have to be low profile. If I'm coming near you lot, you lot will be targeted. I've received this one deal, well an opportunity to perhaps step up so I think I might follow up with it." CJ stood up to make a tea or a hot chocolate, because he doesn't like coffee.

"Ugh..." I sighed. "This is hard.. I don't want you dead or in jail CJ man!" I began to get upset. This was my younger cousin, my only family apart from Paris. My brother kmt!