Chapter 40: I'm awake!

H

I felt cozy. My toes rubbed against the soft sheets on the bed. A bed that made me feel as though I was on a cloud. Was I in heaven?

"Ah!" My eyes shot open and I sat up briskly, giving myself a dizzy spell as blood rushed to my head.

Everything was blurry and I started to feel weak. I leaned back onto my elbows just for them to sink into the foam mattress. Foam mattress?!

"What the heck?" My mouth was dry and my voice was raspy.

My vision began to focus and I instantly reached over to the bottle of water to my side. How did I know there was a bottle of water waiting for me?

I gulped the water down still stuck in my confusion. I looked at my surroundings and then began to choke on the water.

*Chokes*

*Coughs ferociously...* Quinton killed a man! Am I taken hostage?! Paris!? Fuckkkkk! Shit!!!!

I jumped out of the bed. I groaned at the ache my body had, especially my head, but ignored the feeling. I ran- well tripped over myself, picked myself back up and ran out of the room, across the large hallway, and down the nearest stairs.

Was he going to kill me too?!

I smelt food and my stomach rumbled. I could eat a horse, but I pushed the feeling aside and tiptoed towards the kitchen to peak on who was there.

The grey haired butler.. I think his name was Graham?
A short haired blonde woman who was beautiful and tall looking, though she sat on a stool.. laughing with-

"Paris!" I ran into the kitchen as the cold hard floors tickled my bare feet.

I grabbed my sister and hugged her tight.

"Morning!" She hugged me back.

I pulled away from her and examined her to see if she was alright.

"Are you okay?" I panicked.

"I'm fine, relax!" She chuckled.

"We need to leave." I grabbed her hand, but she pulled her hand away from me.

"What are you doing?" She frowned at me.
"Sit and eat bro. Mr Grant and I have prepared a wicked breakfast." She smiled.

I looked at her and she was wearing jeans and a jumper. She was fully clothed and looked perfectly fine. I looked down at myself to see I was just in my boxers.

Ahhh!

I looked up and around to see Mr Grant sip his tea and read a newspaper, not phased by my presence. I then breathed and looked over to the blonde model looking lady. She had a familiar look to her, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. She was already looking at me with her dazzling smile. She winked before sticking her hand out for me to shake.

"Morning, I'm Crystalline, but call me Chris." She greeted firmly. Her hand grip was strong, really strong in fact. It reminded me of when I first shook Quinton's hand outside the theatre, but it didn't hurt as much.

"Hi." I couldn't help the bluntness to my tone, or the small frown on my face. I was confused. Where was he? Why was everyone so calm?

"Don't worry I don't bite." She held her dazzling smile before taking a bite of her neatly cut sandwich that had no crusts on it.

"Holly come eat!" Whined my sister. Was I dreaming?

I cautiously sat at the breakfast bar, my legs feeling the coolness of the stool. I kept calm as I didn't want to cause any problems. I was in survival mode.. any wrong moves and I may be the reason why me and my sister loose our lives!