Keeping Safe

H

I was mentally humming the tune I always hummed to Paris in scared times like these, not that I've ever been in this particular situation. I rocked back and fourth, holding my trembling baby sister as I tried to not fear the worst.

Outside of this storage room was chaos. There was a frantic crowd of people running and screaming about the place, which had me hoping they wouldn't find our hiding spot.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

Shit.

"IS ANYONE IN HERE?!"

I squeezed Paris, feeling her tense from beneath me. We ignored the crying stranger. Paris knew to take my lead and I followed my instincts.

*KNOCK KNOCK-

*Gun shot*

I jumped and pissed myself, trying to hold every fibre of my nerve. What the actual fuck?! That sounded so close and loud to my ears, it made my eyes water.

"Lord please save us!" I whispered desperately.

I didn't want to go out like this. I want to live. I want Paris to live. I want to see CJ.

*Closet door opens*

*Paris screams*

"Please don't-" I began my begging plea, immediately covering Paris' mouth with my hand.

"Hurry up you guys!" Frantically ushered a recognisable voice.

I looked up in utter shock to see a roughed-up-looking Chris. I rubbed my teary eyes before I got up, pulling Paris with me.

In front of us, right outside, were multiple blacked out vehicles, one had a door open ready for us.

"Come on!" Rushed Chris, whisper yelling.

I pushed Paris in front of me to get inside the SUV first and closely followed behind. I was going to scoot over so Chris could get in, but they slammed the door shut. I looked out the window to see blood on the floor and dead bodies scattered in the car park. I grabbed ahold of Paris and cuddled her into me.

In this car it didn't have any special buttons like Quinton usually had, so I wasn't able to speak to the driver. I couldn't even turn the window down to get any air.
Where's Quinton?
Where are we going?

.

Forty five minutes into our journey and the car stops.
Where are we?

"You know Chris had a gun on her right?" Stated an exhausted Paris.

"What?"

"Yeah, she was the one that killed the person who was asking to be let into the cupboard." She stated emotionlessly. I suppose all her energy and tears have emptied from her system.

The door opened and much to my surprise it was my Quinton. I was momentarily glad to see him, but I had so many questions. His hair was in a scruffy-messy bun, quite the contrast from hours ago and he did not look at all pleased.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I'll explain everything. But first I need to get you and Paris home." He reached out a hand for me to grab which helped me out the vehicle quicker. He lent his hand to Paris as well.

I couldn't help myself, but I turned around to hug him. He wrapped his arms around me and we just held each other for several moments. It was so needed. His heat, his body, his scent was like a serotonin boast.
For the past couple of days we've just been in conflict and it's truly ridiculous. To think that I could've lost him today seems so surreal. The fact that he was waiting for me was also surreal. He could've just left us for dead.