Chapter 26: Pushing On

H

The teacher at the university I went to see yesterday was an eccentric man. He looked like an artist more than anything. He made me do a written exam in computer science, because he said he 'didn't want to waste his time otherwise'. I passed, obviously, but it seemed to have really shocked him. He said I would've got an equivalent to a B grade, because I failed to state any key terms. I mean fair since I haven't studied the content of the course.

During my time at his gaff, he tried to convince me to take an apprenticeship or something, because he believed I was a true asset. Truth is, I know I was. I know I'm smart academically. But that was not my focus. He also told me about some events with IT gaming, computer engineering and a technological science fair. I obviously took notes down and he said I could accompany him on his trip as a few of his students would be going too. He said for VIP access it would cost £500 and I told him I'd have the money, because I didn't want him to know that I was a broke man.

So I had that coming up which was exciting, but meant I needed to see Michaels. Lol he was like my pimp.

...

"I miss my own cooking." Sighed Paris.

"Same." Sighed CJ.

"I don't like cooking for you." She rolled her eyes.

"Why?" He whined. "I eat up all your food!" He said endearingly.

"I know! That's why! There's no such thing a leftovers with you." She shook her head.

"Don't worry cuzz, I will give you a wod of cash so you can cook extra. Big cuzz is gonna get the big bucks soon, don't you worry." Grinned CJ.

I finished up my pitch for Quinton and messaged him to tell him that I had done so. I felt my chest tighten as I was texting him, but I ignored it allowing my fingers to turn sweaty.

I also emailed that Steve guy. I thought to clear my weird little fantasies of blondie I should distract myself with a fellow 'gaybie'.
CRINGE!
I emailed 'Steve', a name that didn't suit his looks, to ask when the Tech conference was.
...

"I hate McDonald's." Scoffed Paris.

"McDonald's hate you too." I responded with a small smirk, knowing that would piss her off slightly.

She had just started her period for the month. This is where CJ and I experience Paris' hell. But CJ being better than I tolerated her and made sure to get her her favourite snacks when he could.

"The chips are cold." She sighed, dunking her fries into BBQ sauce.

We came to eat at McDonald's in the new town we were staying in. I found a different hotel, a hotel I wasn't giving the address to. I needed isolation and CJ was right, we needed to be hidden. Quinton attracted attention, because of the security that he slyly carried with him.

My phone pinged. It was Quinton... finally(!), he responded with 'Okay. When are you free preferably this week?'. I don't know why, but the message felt cold. Usually he sends an emoji or a character to warm up his messages. Lol I need to stop, perhaps I'm on my 'man-period', because I'm wildin.

I responded with 'tomorrow :)' and he left it on read.

"Why you frowning." Called out Paris.

"I'm not." I fixed my face.

"I wouldn't have said otherwise. Who's making my brother tap into his feelings like this?" Paris' eyes glistened.

"No one." I put my phone away and ate my Big Mac.

"Lies!" She chuckled, which was good to hear.
"How's that friend of yours, by the way?" She just had to bring him up didn't she?

"I'on know." I shrugged, looking down to my burger and taking a sip of my banana milkshake.