Chapter 46: Chris' Insight

C1

I really liked Paris. She was spunky and full of energy! I loved her strong spirit. She was happy to unravel her classroom drama to me which I throughly enjoyed. Her education was completely different to mine which allowed me room to expand on our conversations.

I tried to maintain the topic as long as possible to buy our siblings time, but Quinton.. abused my efforts and became careless. The girl obviously grew curious of her brother's whereabouts, therefore I suggested 'we'd split up and go look for them'.

I followed their scent which contained this extra energy that signalled they were in heat. This is a natural feeling, but with them you can see there were some barriers. Which I get because they are somewhat new in each other's lives.

They lived unusual lives, because back at home mates would claim each other immediately. By doing so they'd neutralise their urges, but these two are in early stages so I get why they're being slow.
Or are they avoiding their bond, because once properly claimed the attachment is deeper than ever!
Quinton is dangerous...

If Quinton doesn't attend to his claim, or if Holland doesn't claim him, they'd go insane and become disruptive. Quinton was sinister when he needed to be, so if he lost control this could turn into a sad situation.
I knew my brother.. he wouldn't forgive himself!

When I had first arrived, the same day the Pierce's moved in, Quinton was distraught to see his mate passed out for so long. I couldn't even comfort him, because he locked himself in a room with Holland. I've never seen him so worried about a matter or a person, so this is how I knew his feelings for Holland were deep. This is how I knew he got to know Holland on a special level. My brother was a very experienced man, a very busy man, so for a young man like Holland to have all his attention like this astonished me.
My brother is a completely different man...
But no one said finding your mate was an easy process.

Quinton is scared to show his mate his true self before the time is due, because he doesn't trust himself. I think he should just get it over and done with, but his excuse is Holland's mental state and well-being. He hasn't told me much about Holland, but from what I see I like.

Holland is quite shy, so I don't know much. But he was funny. He'd like my girlfriend. I  still haven't introduced her to Quinton yet, because times were busy and I needed for her to stay protected.

During the movie Holland and I were talking about 'unnatural feelings' which was interesting. I could see his growing desire for Quinton as he couldn't stop staring at him or asking random questions about him. It was cute.

First I felt anxious about was how young Holland was, but he just looks young. He actually had some wisdom in his understanding of philosophy, which was superb.

C2

I know naturally my brother and his mate can't help but kindle.
They needed to!
Holland is going to be one of us.

Quinton had every right to be frightened of what he yet had to reveal. Quinton was a king without his kingdom of people. He liked to have his inner circle of people, but everyone was on a different level. As twisted as his relationships were, they all were important alliances he's built without his inheritance. However Quinton came across someone like Holland was mind boggling to me. I wasn't going to pry, because I know how much Quinton doesn't like that, but I was excited to get to know Holland because of it.

I've never seen my brother be so tactile and soft towards someone. He was never the boy or the man to be so touchy.
It was as if he didn't want to break Holland. Must be hard for him, knowing what kind of man he truly is..
Quinton was a cold sharp dagger, but now he's loosing his sharpness and becoming a bit blunt.
We need to help him.. fast!
Our need to spread the news can wait.
A storm is brewing and all needs to be secured!

*A low rumbling growl*...

~

C1

"Hey, it's me." I yawned.
"I want it cleared for tomorrow... yes, and if I have to repeat myself consider praying for your soul to be saved." I hung up.

I needed to go sleep.
But I need to speak to my kid brother.