Pitch

H

"I lied. I know I said that I cleared my schedule today, but there's one thing we must attend." Quinton said seriously.

"We?" I raised my brows.

"Yes, we. Let's not forget why you're here." He raised a brow as if he was warning me. "For business." He added with a different tone of voice.

Am I bad at picking up social cues?

"You needn't remind me." I looked at him blankly.
"So what is it." I looked him dead in the face, now bored.

I was sat at the kitchen island. Quinton was standing, holding a tablet. His butler, Mr Grant, was polishing the already polished and neat countertops. The man was not young in the slightest, but he was swift with his movements.

"A meeting with my IT team." He sighed.

Why is he sighing? This is what I came here for right..

"It starts in 10, so listen carefully as I won't have time to repeat myself." He came round the corner to sit next to me. His shoulders bumped with mine as he sat down abruptly.
"So the project is to boost software and our current technology to help manage the franchise. I have to hear the different pitches of ideas before the team can continue. You can become acquainted with the team and add your input as I'm sure it would be useful. This is step 1." He informed, his head turned to look at me.

Him being so close to me made me feel a certain way. I can't explain it, but there was like a natural spark in the air which made my body want to do abnormal things, but I held my composure.

"How will payment work." I asked, tilting my head to the side, licking my dry lips.

Quinton looked down at my lips and sexily licked his own for a second. "I can pay you by the hour, or you could receive the cash in bulk like last time. Up to you." He shrugged.

An average employee won't get more than £12-£20 an hour, so I would probably getting a minimum of £10/hr.
If he pays me the money in bulk that's a set salary for the time with a possible bonus, which I'll receive after I do the work... fuck that.

"By the hour would seem more adequate." I said seriously.

Money affi mek!!

"Smart decision." He smiled at me.

"How does it feel to boss and manage so many people?" I asked him.

"I've been doing it since I was a child. It's a job within a job within a job, which I'm used to. It can be tiresome at times as rest is minimal. However, I am a very particular man, perhaps 'strict' and if things don't go the way I need them to hell will break loose." He stated nonchalantly in a genuine way.

"So would you say this is ingrained into your nature?" I was being annoying now, but I felt confident to be inquisitive.

"Definitely. How does it feel being a businessman yourself?" He leaned his head on his hand that was perked up on the island top.

I was a little taken back by the question, I can't lie. He enjoys my company..?
"Business is a hustle simple as that. It's something I've done as a kid as well. I had to survive and care for my sister. The drive I have is natural, but the world of business itself is fairly new for me." I shared, feeling a little vulnerable. He looked at me with listening ears and nodded understandingly.

"A hustle sounds like 'taking' from the world in whatever way is possible. How would you correlate hustling into the world of business and class?" He challenged.

Oh boy...

"To be classified as a successful business you need to provide value to receive values in return. Business is geared to add value towards a cause or thyself and to take away from peoples lives, so it's basically a solid word for hustle. It's criminal, but it can be beneficial to others. It's essential to be business minded to survive in this world since the world has some sort of entrenched order, which is vague to many. It's vague especially to lower classed people to keep them tied up and restrained under 'government' rules. But each 'hustle' has a mode of classification too, it just depends on what one wants to do and to what degree." I started playing with my fingers.

"Interesting..." Was all he said as he was thinking and looking at me. He looked like he wanted to ask me another question, but the alarm on the tablet went off.
"Meeting time. For every hour you spend with me I will ensure £15 is deposited into your account." He said before diverting his attention towards his device.

I looked up to Mr Grant who had an impressed smile on his face. I was shocked.

"Does that exclude outside of business?" I was confused.

"Would you like a beverage, young sir?" Offered Mr Grant.

"No thank you." I smiled, still shocked and accepting that Quinton ignored me.
...

The team wasn't a big group of people, probably like 7 members. The ideas people had were interesting, but were plain. I didn't speak much on the call. To be fair I didn't want to show my face on the screen which Quinton picked up on and respected.

Paris ended up baking with Mr Grant. She came into the kitchen to get a drink and saw him preparing foods. She asked and boldly offered to help. She's such a peoples person it's admirable.

I, however, kept dosing off. I was TIRED! Quinton clocked on and asked if I wanted to rest in the cinema room and watch a movie with him.

So here I am. Laying on this luxurious heavenly sofa bed. Michael went to get me snacks and a drink. He was so harsh in the meeting, so cold. It's crazy to me, because he's so generous outside of 'work'.

I told him to sit next to me and share the snacks with me. Truth was I wanted him close to me. We watched an action movie which was hard to follow. I was trying my best to stay awake.

"Quinton.." I called him softly. He turned to pay me attention.
"I think the pitches presented today were boring." I yawned.

"Hmm?" He stretched his arm on the back of the furniture.

"I think it would be helpful to build a system of your own technology to promote your technology and products." I said with another yawn before blackness consumed my vision.

••
A/N:
Vote + Comment + Share!