Chapter 36: Heading Up And Out

H

I was in the elevator with a brown haired woman who had her hair in a neat bun. She was standing at the same height as me, making me think, 'Am I small?'.

"You look different from Sir Michaels' usual company." Stated the woman, looking at me from the side of her eyes.

"How so?" I mumbled. I knew I was 'different' from most people on a day to day basis, so her random comment didn't offend me. I just wanted to know why she felt the need to point that out.

"Uh.. usually the educated man isn't one of colour. I mean no offence, but it's a surprise for him to invite someone like yourself dressed the way you are... so casual." Her monotone voice spoke with confidence.

I looked at her with a smile of slight shock and disbelief whilst she kept her stink-face forward, eyes averted in the direction of the doors. The fucking audacity! I read her name tag which read, Stacy White. How ironic!

The doors opened and I walked ahead of her, storming in the direction of a seating area near Felix's office. My head was down, a boiling bitterness rose from within. What she said wasn't even THAT bad, it could've been worse, but for some reason I felt ticked off by it.

Was it really such a 'surprise' for Quinton to have someone like me in his presence?

But he's never made bad comments on my appearance and he seems to understand that I'm in a situation right now. And the other day.. *Sighs* He got mad at me for being somewhat 'ashamed' of myself.

But then again, what if he's using me to give himself better statistics? His demographic is very..white... which I oddly didn't notice until Stacy's stupid comment. Did Quinton believe black people to be stupid? She said 'uneducated' assuming that I was although I wasn't educated to the highest degree. Will Quinton push me into getting a degree so I can be suitable enough to work for him?!

*THUD*

I banged into what I first thought was a wall.

"Ow!" I groaned at the harsh and sudden impact, rubbing my nose.

"No hugs then? What did I deserve to get a barging from a goat?" Whimsically stated the voice that made my insides clench. I stepped back and looked up to see his eyes glisten with a playful grin to his lips.

"Why the frown?" His smile disappeared and his eyes darkened with concern.

"Oh nothing. I'm fine." I smiled... well tried to. I looked over my shoulder to see Stacy not look very confident anymore. She also looked like her surname.. White. I looked back at Quinton, shaking off her presence with a look of assurance to say that 'I was fine'. His gaze shifted onto her and then back to me, looking into my eyes with questions.

"Come with me." He said bluntly, guiding me to a private elevator that took us to the top floor.

.

The trip up was quiet.

The chemistry though was LOUD!

I made sure when we stood in the lift I was at least 2 metres away from him. My palms started to feel sweaty and I kept shifting on what foot to lean on. I tried my hardest to not look at him.

He was still.. I felt his hard, merciless gaze penetrate me from the side, but I could be wrong, but I'd never know, because I was not going to look!

*Growls*

Am I tripping or did I hear a deep ass growl? That doesn't even make sense vocally in my head... must be this elevator, is it old?

My eyes followed the sounds of him pressing a button... the 'stop' button. I felt tingly as I stood with anticipation.

Fuck!

His breathing became more audible. "You will turn and look at me, or you will turn your back to me.. Choose wisely." He was now 2 inches away from me. I could feel his body heat. He was hot..

Without thinking, I turned my back to him with conflicting emotions from within.

"Uh..!" I gasped as his body pressed into the back of mine...again. His hand gently grabbed the front of my neck from the back. His nose was inhaling and exhaling harshly on the side/back of my neck. It felt so good and the rush of everything was sending me into a high.

*Purs*

Michaels purred somehow, causing the vibrations to shake my entire core. I felt my down below harden on the spot, I had no control of this erection.

"You're a risk taker I give you that." And just like that he departed from me, pressed the button to open the doors and walked out the elevator like nothing happened.

What. The. Fuck.

I was stuck standing in my halted position.

He didn't wait for me or turn back to look at me, he just kept walking, perfectly with his quick long strides.

"Snap out of it!" I fixed myself, before jogging after him.

.

Michaels unlocked his office to grab the few things he forgot. I waited outside since we'd be on our way out to lunch shortly. Whilst I was taking in the simple-modern-flush surroundings, I caught an icy-blonde haired woman wearing a soft pink suited gown/dress, staring at me. She looked out of this world, but walked away as soon as I saw her.

"Ready?" Quinton grabbed my shoulders, walking me to another set of lifts.

"Yessir!" I was now excited- for food! I was hungry since I forgot to eat today.

"Mmm." Michaels hummed before his stomach rudely interrupted us.

I looked up and laughed at his reddening face. Was he embarrassed?!

"You sound as hungry as my thoughts." I chuckled, not realising how inappropriate the pun sounded out loud.

Was my mind truly on the food? I questioned myself, ridiculously.

He shot me a shocked expression, making me almost regret my choice of words. I seem to fail to function adequately around him. I lack the ability to think before I speak and uphold an appropriate proximity.

"If your thoughts are as hungry as my stomach, let me do the honours and feed you until you take your fill...The pleasure is all mine." His tone was seductive, but yet again I had to avoid his gaze. He was skilfully playing with his words.

I felt shy from our shared desire of naughtiness as his voice alone was enough to make anyone commit sin.

__

A/N:

Hope you enjoyed the read. I might be a little slow with the updates from now on since I have exams coming up. My guilty pleasure is to write, but it's now my procrastination from my stuides kmt :/

__