4. Spit

"Come on Ima. Just do it. It's the king" Hera whispers, nudging my arm.

I huffed as I heard her pleas and accepted defeat.
My leg was hurting but it seemed as if I had no choice.

"If I must." I groan. I make my way over to the prince but as I am walking, a sharp pain sears into my ankle.
The prince bends foward and catches me in the knick of time.

"Looks like someone hurt their little ankle in the fight?" He sounded like a cautious mother pacifying their innocent babe.

"I didn't" I scoff, before pushing him away and standing straight. The king tries to hide his smile but couldn't help it. He was a little to entertained for my liking.

"Okay Prince Theo. You just grab her neck" Hera instructs. He lifts his palms and presses it loosely.

"Seems as if he's fearful of hurting me" I mock him.

"Your leg is hurt" he defends, staring into my eyes.

"You can grab it tightly; we are trained." He hesitates for just a moment but nods and tightens his grip.

"Good boy" I mutter beneath a breath. I look over at Hera, signaling my readiness.

"Good! Now Ima show him how it's done. On my cue flip——"

She couldn't even finish her sentence before grabbed his shoulders ans flipped him to the ground.

The king clapped and I chuckled, watching him as he lay flat in the floor. "Great show! jolly good show!" The king laughs even louder this time.

I step over the prince, ready to change and shower but before I had the opportunity, he grabs my leg and pulls me down.

"Hey!" I shout before being buried into a pile of dirt.

Thank the gods he had pulled me in the other side of my good where I had not injured myself.

"What just happened?" I whisper, still not comprehending how I was tossed around like a sack of rags. Surely he was not that strong.

The prince smirks and stands over me. "An eye for an eye?" He says, extend his arm so I could grab it.

I pretend to smile and nod.
I shift to my knees and look up into his dark green eyes. I felt the anger rise within me. How dare he? A prince of all people flipping me over. I was trained for this.

I reach out and pretend to accept his hand, but before I had the chance to swallow my pride.

—SPIT ——

Perfect!
Right in the center!

He stares down at his palm in awe.
Disgust.
Horror.

He was still shocked that someone as vile and low as me would spit on his perfect manicured hand.
It was the most disrespectful thing a person could do, especially coming from a girl of low social standing like me.

His neck snapped over to me, his eyes were red with fury.

"How dare you! You lowly street urchin!" He grabbed my jaw forcing my jaw to face his.

"An eye for an eye? Is that not what you said?" I try to play coy.

"I will have your tounge cut off!" He shouts.

"Is that threat" I whisper ever so confidently. There was no fear in my voice.

"It is a promise!" He vows, staring into my eyes.

The king was hysterical as he clapped in the background.

"Aye let it go Theo. it was a funny joke!" The king persuades him to regain his sanity. He scans my features before letting me go and pushing me away.
The king thanked us for our time and left the arena, leaving Hera and I behind.