12. Dinner

Ima

The amount of rage I had for the prince was insurmountable. I had been standing here, holding these torches for hours! Theo comes in and circles around me like a lion in beat.

I wanted to wipe the smirk off his pretty face as he watches me. "Tired?"

"Not at all." I answer without missing a beat. That was more than a lie. My arms felt like they could fall off

"Not at all? Well, I guess you wouldn't mind if I left you alone again—"

"No!" I shouted, interrupting him before he could finish. He lets a handsome smirk pint his lips before snaps for the servants. The few guards that surrounded me take the torches from my palms and retreat away.

I curse in relief at the sudden lightness of my arms. It wasn't just my arms that felt light but my feet. I forgot how to stand and quickly fall to the ground. Theo catches me before I hit the ground. It's not like I could use my arms to break my fall.

Theo holds me tight and stares. "I want to strangle you" I whisper, my voice strained with pain, "but my hands are too sore"

"Here." Theo willingly places my hands around his neck to aide my commitment but as I tried to squeeze his vessels, I ...couldn't!!

"Are you squeezing" he mocks me.

"I am!" My fingers tighten but nothing happens! I curse, angry that my hands weren't doing what my brain had already willed.

I wanted to kill him but my arms were too numb!

"I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" I curse repeatedly, still trying to squeeze. He only chuckles and watches me struggle.
My arms were limp.

"You know? Now would be a great time to join my family for dinner" he says.

"Theo you wouldn't dare. I have been humiliated enough."

"We'll the sun is setting and I'm sure your famished. I insist Ima. My mom has been at my ear saying she wants a formal introduction to my fiancé"

He takes his arm and loops it around my waist forcing me to stand. My arms were to limp to push him away and run in horror.

"Theo you won okay?
I'll behave and never disobey you" it was a lie but I wouldn't admit that now. I was at the mercy of his judgement.

"Don't say a promise you can't keep princess" He says, still leading me downstairs.

A few steps and we reach the main dinning room. He opens the door and leads me in. We join his mother and father who were already piling their plates high with food and sweets.

Horror fills my face as the turn to me. "Good afternoon your majesties"

"Ima! How are you?" His mother smiles affectionately but her eyes narrow with concern. Theo pulls out my seat  so I could sit but before I could even bend, he sits in his own chair and pulls me into his lap

"Aren't you two a little close" his father smirks in triumph.

"Her arms are sore from all the archery this morning. Ima is actually trained in archery. I supposes she went into overtime and now her arms are sore. Tell them Ima" He squeezed my waist tight.

"Yes. It is just as Theo said" I smile through gritted teeth. "Theo warned me not to over exert myself but you know me." I giggle forcefully. He pulls my jaw towards his and we run our noses together.

I would kill him later for this!! I would!

"I found it my duty no my right to feed her. " He pulled a plate of soup and took a wooden spoon to start.