15. Glare

Ima

Dinner had just begun and we were still waiting for the prince. His mother made casual conversation about the events of the kingdom while his father chugged on wine. Theo finally entered into the dinning room with a icy glare on his face.

"There you are!" His mother claps so the servants could begin the meal. I stand from my chair to show respect and greet him. It was something I learned in the etiquette classes and training.

He sat down and pulled in his chair. Although he didn't say anything, I could feel his glare from my peripheral.

"My goodness Theo, your face!" His mother cries with alarm.

I turn to look at him and smile. "It looks bruised!" I say obviously, with an added flair of fame alarm. It was fresh from a sharp punch. Who knew Ophelia had it in her?

He drags his dinner napkin to his lap before scoffing.

"I got injured in practice" he lies so effortlessly.

"It looks sore? And so fresh" I went to touch it. I knew it was from his beloved.

"Be quicker on your feet next time" the king commanded.

"Of course" he says beneath a whisper.

"Awww, does it hurt?" I turn my body to face him.

"Very much so, yes" he answers sarcastically.

"Then I must kiss it!" I lean over and kiss his cheek lovingly, mocking the very bruises I was indirectly responsible for. "There! now they will disappear.
Better?" I smile.

"Much" he says sarcastically. I sit up a little straighter, proud of the way things occurred and dig into my food.

The night continues on with small conversations and discussion. Theo pulls my chair towards his own and brings his lips close to my ears. "You think you're so clever?"

"Clever? No" I pretended to pout, "I didn't know palace whores could punch that hard. Forgive me" I pretend to pat his hand.

"She said she never wants to see me again"

"A blessing in disguise" I pull another hot roll to my lips.

"She hates me because of you" he grumbles and cuts into his meat.

Was he foreal? Did he honestly expect me to show some remorse the more he reveled? I didn't care for her or her feelings.

"So how are the wedding plans going?" The king chimes in.

"We haven't started."

"Is that true Ima?" The king's eyes narrow.

"Yes,your majesty." I nod in agreement. "But We will get on that soon, won't we Theo"

He grumbles again but ignored my question. That was enough to please the king and he busies himself with another conversation.

"Would you just f**ck her and stop moping! If you do it good, she'll forget everything"

He smirks and stares at me. "I forgot how vulgur you were. Who knew a pretty face could be so..." he trails off, "Perhaps those etiquette lessons aren't working?"

"I suppose they aren't" I shot back.

"What else have they taught you? All you know is how to put on makeup and look pretty?"

"That is not all!" I refute. He was right but I would never admit it. I hadn't learned anything if value expect what it meant to be a woman and serve the prince as the future king.

"I learned how to eat at a dining table.
Don't speak unless spoken too"

He takes a sip of his wine and roles his eyes.
"I heard nothing about respect? It's time you start knowing where your place is."

"How dare you!" I whisper, trying not to raise my voice.

"Ahh ah!
You are not to speak until spoken too princess. Isn't that a rule?"

I would choke him to death if I could. But that wouldn't give me my freedom.
I cross my arms over my chest and wait for him to finish his meal.

He finishes and pulls out my chair.
"Come on" he grabs my arm, lifting me from the chair.
"We're are we going??"

"To Ocelia. You're going to tell her you didn't mean what you said."

"But I'm not allowed to lie" I whisper, pretending to pout.

"Ima!! Would you for once be serious! This is my future!" He sounded distraught.

"And you think I'm here for fun and laughter! I'm fighting for my freedom!"
Theo finally looks at me for the first time that night and sighs.

"What is she to you! Why do you care so much to fix a relationship that is obviously broken"

"Because..."

"Because what!" I frown. He lets me go and paces the hallway. He couldn't even answer.

I didn't have time to watch him unravel. Nor did I care.
"Bye" I walk past him to leave.

"And where are you going?" Theo interjected.

"Don't worry about it Prince." I frown, pushing him out my way to leave.