5. The Woman named Ima

AUTHOR NOTE:

I AM this two chapters. The next two chapters takes place AFTER prince theo and the king visited Ima and Hera at the Colesseum. Ima flips Theo and spit on his hand. I am so sorry if you're confused but this chapter should have been included from the start.
I needed to include the conversation between Ima and the king in the next (new) chapter because it is so crucial!

Also, IDK why I've been calling Celia, Ophelia. The palace whore's name is Celia/Ocelia.

Ima

Since that night at the Colosseum, I hadn't run into the snooty prince and the overzealous king again. I wondered why the king and the prince would even venture to a place like ours.No matter.

I needed to focus on my training, especially with the sprained ankle I had acquired.

"Ima. You missed again" Hera sighs beneath a tired breath.

"I know" I curse, falling to the ground as another woman hit me beneath my feet. My ankle pulsed with searing pain as my training with Hera continued. I stood and dusted myself off before snapping into a fighting stance.

"You seem distracted Ima" Hera hits me with her sword but I dodge it. "Surely that attractive prince is not in your mind?"

"You're funny," I say sarcastically, dodging another attack. But I still wondered why the king and prince came to visit us at the Colosseum. It was strange because royals like them never ventured this far.

Hera kicked me, making me fall to my feet as she finished a sneak attack. " I think they came for ulterior motives" I whisper.

Hera shrugs but agrees. "They don't need a reason to venture here. It's their right"

I rub my ankle and shrug, "I suppose." Hera helps me up and slings my arms around her shoulder.  "Let's get that ankle bandaged up"

——-

Next Day:  after the king and prince visited the colosseum.

"HERA!!! I AM GOING TO THE MARKET DO You---" My words stop as I see 10 guards at the steps of our living room compound. "What's...going on? HERA!" I call for her. She emerges from her room, rubbing her eyes sleepily.

"Ima, I was sleeping!" It takes a while for her eyes to adjust to the room. She sizes the guards up, one by one before smiling.  "I would have cooked breakfast if I had known we were having company. Please, come in" she teases through a smirk.

The way she mocks the soldiers makes me chuckle. I always appreciated how Hera never took situations of concern so seriously. I on the other hand was always a nervous reck. The King of Acedonia was a powerful man. The only reason I was a gladiatrix was because of his strict laws. Once I paid my debts, I would leave the kingdom for good.

"We are looking for the woman named Ima" one soldier speaks. "The king has requested her presence in his palace"

"Why?" I blurted. The guards looked irked that someone dared question the order.

"One dare not question the reason why. A direct order has been made"

"Say this woman named Ima doesn't go" I shrug, tapping a finger to my chin.

"The number of men standing before you is not a coincidence. I would suggest she rethink her decision"  the same guard speaks. He had an iron helmet on and red and black robes. All the king's royal guard men wore the uniform. However, this individual stood out because of a distinctive red patch on his shoulder.

"I ask again, for the woman named Ima," he said. Hera prods me onward and upward. She knew we were outnumbered and didn't want me to be forcefully removed.

I swallow the lump in my throat and step forward. "I am she" I say, proudly holding my head up.