11. Torch

Theo

"So how is your budding,blushing wife?" My father asks the next morning at our breakfast hall. "Where is she by the way?"

"In the infirmary with the healers. Her ankle is still paining her." I grumble thinking of Ima.

"Ahh I see." My father smirks, piling a heaping spoon of fresh eggs onto his already filled plate. "You know, that Ima, She cleans up nice!" He mocks me.

"It means nothing" I curse, looking at the spread of food before me. Right he was but a pretty face would not make me fold so easily.

"Doesn't it? That's why you carried her into the banquet hall, in front of all those people"

"A humiltion tactic." I reply bluntly. I smile as I remember the Redding of her cheeks. It seemed to work.

"Are you sure it was only that?" My father pries. "I saw her! And you. And something tells me you did more on the balcony."

I push around my food aimlessly, praying for the moment this would be over.

"Im surprised you let her step on your foot. Prince Theo would have shamed her. I guess this is just a sample of your rule—"

"I'm leaving." I frown, pushing back my chair and exiting. I couldn't stand his pestering questions.

——

Ima

I was cleared to leave the infirmary so I was thankful for that.

I am not surprised to see Theo sitting there.
He watches me, raking over my appearance before pushing a palm just beneath his chin.

"Women are expected to greet royals"

"A Good morning to Prince Theo the great and powerful ruler of this kingdom!" I smile sarcastically. He bites his jaw to hold his tongue.

"Women of non noble status are also expected to bow to the rulers in this land"

"I wasn't aware." I frown.

"Are you not from the land? You know the rules" he questions.

"I am from this land. It's just....my ankle your majesty!" I pretend to hold it in pain.

He frowns, not amused by my prolongement. I bite my cheek and bow. He didn't look like he was in a good mood.

"Instances like this and the others? Spitting on my hand in the colosseum, stepping on my foot in front of the people. Those instances cannot happen again. I won't allow it"

"You will not allow me to do anything. You gave me that title of wife. That makes me a princess, does it not. I am the same status as you"

"Not until you are married to me!" He shouts, banging his fist against the armrest. The room silences as I meet his eyes defiantly.

"Let's get this straight Ima.
You belong to me
Your heart might not.
Your affections won't.
But your body? Evey action you do? Is willed by me"

He takes two torches from tall iron posts and pushes each in my hand.

"What is this?"

"I hate the lighting in this room. It always goes dark. You are going to light it.
All day"

"all day?" I repeat after him, anger rising in my heart.

He sits back at his throne chair and smiles triumphantly. "Ahh I can watch this all day. But alas I cannot! I have treaties and meetings to attend to"

I smirk and roll my eyes. When he leaves, I would abondon them. He steps down from his chair and brushes past me, purposely making me step sideways.

"Oh I almost forgot." He stops and runs around. He bends behind a partition and takes two long ropes, he takes each end and ties it around my wrists.

"Great, now you can't go anywhere"

"You have chains and ropes set up?" I question him suspiciously. I had ulterior intent but he would never catch it.

"For you I do" he smiles, catching onto my vulgarity.
"Guards."

Three men enter in.
"Watch her. Make sure her hands stay high. I want this room to be as bright as a sunrise when I come"

They each nod and stand tall to watch me. He leaves, leaving me alone in the throne room.

Author Note:

Theo said, I'll show you: