34. A Stolen Dagger

Theo

" Hey!" Ima shouts, grabbing her towel and wrapping it around her waist as the guards storm in.

"You can't barge in here!" I pull her behind me angry that the guards had even entered.

"We have order from the king" one answered before kneeling before me. As I try to assess the situation,
Akim barges into the room and observes the room before staring at Ima. How brash he was!
He undressed her with a vulgarity so crude It enraged me.

The sound of his back against the stone wall sounded as quickly as he smirked. "I dare you to fuc*ing look at her again." I could feel the pressure of my cheek as I bit into it with rage.

I could hear his heart race as my arm pressed against his chest. I was always stronger than him.

"Theo!" Akim smiled, pretending to be unfazed by the threat. A trickle of sweat dripped down his temple. "I came in here as a dear friend. A good friend. I thought you might want to know... well I couldn't hold it in any longer.
I saw her take your dagger and I didn't want to embarrass you but—-
Well, look and see for yourself" he moved to open her bag.

"No!" Ima interjected, stepping closer to it.

"Why not princess....unless you have something to hide?" He challenges her through a smirk.

"I don't" she says, looking at me then at the floor.
I knew where this was headed but still nodded at my guards to continue. Diligently they search the room until they go to her bag.

I knew they would find it if I didn't stop them.

"It's not there!" I blurted. She looks a bit surprised to hear my firmness. "I checked" I lied, cursing beneath a breath as the realization came to my mind. I knew it wasn't the best thing to say in the moment.

"You...checked?" Ima asks, her voice a little shocked at my transparency. "When did you check?"

"Theo you don't have to protect her. She's a thief" Akim smirks, bending into the bag to retrieve the golden dagger.

Ima

Confusion cloaks me as I hear Theo attempting to defend my honor. Did he really check my bag due to his own suspicions? Or was it for my benefit.

Akim wrestle through my clothing and scrolls before gripping his intended object . "Ima! What is his dagger doing in your bag?" Akim pretends to act shocked. It took my strength to not roll my eyes.

"You put it there! I didn't take it!" I protest.

"Then explain why it's there." He smiles pridefully.

"Theo!" I turn to him as he contemplates the situation. "Do you think I'm that conniving that I would steal an insignificant piece of jewelry?"

"Insignificant" Akim interjected, "You haven't told her?"

"Do you see this ring?" I hold up the huge rock against his face, "I am Theo's fiancé with his ring? This is his symbol of devotion to me. What use is a insignificant dagger" I smile proudly.

Akim fumes with anger as I embarrass him in front of everyone.

"Oh really? Then why is your golden necklace of Macedonian also in the sack of her pillow?" Akim walks over to the bed and wiggles the item out my sack.

The guards look at me judging my innocence: their suspicions raised as to why the items where discovered in my possession.

"Theo, you believe me right...?" I announce but the room grows silent. "Why would I steal it! You know who did this? Celia and him! And your father"